Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Woodware UK Works With Tempting Templates

Sometimes life hands you a challenge. You can freak out and run away, or you can push up your sleeves and tackle it head on. This week's Woodware UK challenge was like that for me. This week we were to work with Artemio's templates, and one that I was given was for a Mini Scrapbook. I have apparently become lazy in my crafting career, as I am so used to dies that cut every little thing for you, so I felt a bit like I was going back in time to the land of templates. This was not the templates fault...this was mine. In my head I made it much more difficult than it actually was. This template has a few cool aspects to it. First, you have a section to trace, cut out and fold that creates the accordion folded pages for your mini book. Secondly, you have a section that creates a folding cover with a tab and slot closure. Thirdly, you have a wide variety of areas to trace to create windows (like I used), triangles, and multiple-sized squares. All of these can be used for cutouts or for shaped photos to be placed in your mini book.  Once I traced, cut out, and folded my cover and one section for accordion folded pages out of the kraft cardstock, I stamped and colored with markers a white cardstock insert with the Stampendous Cling Tree Swing to fit behind the window. I folded that section in three and adhered it to the outside of the cover. The fold gave my window more dimension as well. Now for the insert. I cut two sections of the three-fold pages from denim and plaid papers and adhered them back-to-back. I stamped some fun images from the Stampendous Perfectly Clear Summer Tree Fun set, as well as the Stampendous Cling Instant Vacation with Onyx Versafine ink, and then added some pics of my kid from many moons ago. A little ink distressing around all the edges, a Striped String bow and WW Earth-toned button complete the project. The end result made me realize that templates CAN be tempting. They are less expensive to purchase, there are a huge variety of these Artemio designs to purchase, and they take up very little space in your art studio! Give them a try! To check out what the rest of the Woodware UK team has been up to with these templates, visit the blog HERE.



1 comment:

Ann said...

There are a lot of people who are now looking for administration jobs so they can get started on their careers. This is why I give out some tips that are perfectly applicable for those who need to find a new job. I do this because there are a number of people who are unable to find the right job for them. They think that they fit into this position but quit after a few days of service. This is because they realize that they no longer fit into the job and its duties. * Stop the thought. Imagine a voice shouting 'stop' or a huge stop sign and go back with full attention to what you were doing. Online MBA - The key to a great career AARP Resources for choosing a retirement career or retirement job www.aarp.org/money/careers.