Saturday, January 7, 2012

A New Stampendous Challenge...BLING It On!

It's the first Saturday of the year and the first Saturday of the month...clean slate! Let's fling some bling on it! The Stampendous Design Team were challenged to bring on the bling this month. Glitter, Shiny Essentials, Class A' Peel Sparkly stickers...anything with a sparkle and sheen! Normally, I'm not big on bling. I like things a little more subtle and sedate. This is exactly the direction I went with my featured card today. I used the brand new release Cling Pensive Portrait image for my focal point and the new Cling Garden Background for, well...the background. The images were stamped with Rich Cocoa Memento, and only a soft pink chalk was added for color. I added a vintage ribbon bow with a pearl corsage pin and pearl scroll. This is where
I had a little fun. I rubbed Versamark ink over the pearl elements and embossed them with brand new Fran•tage Aged Ivory Embossing Enamel. The result was a gorgeous pearly sheen with hints of gold and an antique finish. Just in case you are wondering if I inked, embossed, and placed each individual pearl from the flourish...no, I did not. I'm too lazy for that. The whole thing was left intact on the carrier sheet while I performed my Fran•tage magic. When cool, I carefully picked the entire flourish off the carrier in one piece and placed it on my card. Yep. I'm pretty happy with it.
Not blingy enough for you? Then check out what the rest of our uber-talented team has blingified (technical term) for the challenge this week:

Melinda Gleissner

We want YOU to play along with us!  Just add your direct link with your card (make sure you've loaded it up with tons of BLING) to the linky tool below my signature (or on the Stampendous blog) no later than February 2, 2012 at 11:00 PM EST.  You don't have to use Stampendous products to play along, but we sure love it when you do!  And as an extra incentive for playing, one lucky person (drawn at random from all the entries) will receive this gorgeous Cherub Wishes Perfectly Clear Stamp Set:






11 comments:

Taylor said...

Understated elegance is essential to bling, lol. You did a beautiful job with this card!

Suzanne C said...

The portrait lady looks charming on your lovely card! Love how you used the flowers in the background to showcase her lovely image! Soft and charming card!

Jennie Lin Black said...

when I grow up I want to make cards like this! LOVE it..

Kristine Reynolds said...

Love this Pam! The colors, the layout....well, really everything!

Melinda Gleissner said...

Pam, everything about your card is stunning! your pearls are beautiful (thanks for filling us in on how you did them - I'm going to give it a try) and your lovely pink background is fabulous.

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

oo - I love the sophisticated charm of your card! love the soft colors and your choices of elegant stamp images!

Krissy said...

WOW!!!! This is stunning! I love absolutely everything about it!

Wendy said...

This stamp is so beautiful and you have showcased it fantastically!!! I hope that some of your amazingness rubs off on me, while we share a room for 5 days!!! Have a good weekend!!!

Wendy said...

This stamp is so beautiful and you have showcased it fantastically!!! I hope that some of your amazingness rubs off on me, while we share a room for 5 days!!! Have a good weekend!!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is lovely, Pam. The pink seems to be the perfect color for this image. Love your addition of the stick pin at the top! Amazing!

Scrappychick said...

all I can say is wow. simply gorgeous.