Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Little Late But Very Cool


 Oops. This post was supposed to go live four hours ago. Posting for a UK team keeps confusing me. I even mark in on my calendar the actual date that I need to post to match it up with the UK time. Still missed it. Sigh. Well, anyway, my post today for Woodware UK is my answer to this week's challenge...Cool Cool Winter. To see what the rest of the UK team has created with this challenge, check out the Woodware UK blog HERE.

My card features Dreamweaver Stencils' new Ice Skates paste-embossed in silver on cool blue cardstock. The background card is a variation of the Double-Glitter technique. I placed Double-sided Adhesive on a white cardstock panel. Then I wipe the back of the Rolling Hills stencil with Coconut Soap and place it onto the adhesive panel. (The Coconut Soap aids in removing the stencil from the adhesive without bending the stencil.) I poured Stampendous Crystal Glitter over and exposed adhesive areas, rubbing the glitter into the adhesive with my finger was heavy sparkle. After carefully removing the stencil (do this by placing the panel face down and pulling the paper off the stencil), I covered the remaining adhesive with Stampendous Fun Flock in Cotton Ball White. The background was adhered to an icy blue textured card with sparkly ribbon tied around the center of the card. The Ice Skates panel was matted and popped up with Woodware Mini Mounting Squares. For final embellishment, I added a Dreamweaver Stencils' embellishment pin and a metal sentiment.

1 comment:

Jamie Martin said...

So nice and wintery, nice colors and love the pearl pin accent!