Thursday, January 12, 2012

Handbags and Valentines? Why Not?


Some of you will probably think that I'm cheating this week, and some of you will probably think that I just managed to be more organized. To be honest, the first is probably more accurate. As I worked on my project for the Woodware UK challenge (Handbags at Dawn!), I was torn as to how I would complete the challenge. No purse stencils or purse stamps in my repertoire, so I decided to create a purse and decorate it with Dreamweaver Stencils. This thought led me to the next idea...I could use this project for the Dreamweaver Stencils' challenge this month as well!
This yummy Tiffany-Box-Blue-colored cardstock was sitting on my workspace, so that with the black and white would be perfect for the elegant clutch I was going for. Then I decided to make a card portfolio out of it with pockets on the inside to hold a set of thank you cards. The pockets and flaps were created from my new Spellbinders' Mega Dies. The main portion of the "purse" and front flap was stenciled with first Memories Mists Iridescent spray* and then brushed with Metallic F/X Glacier*. The result is a soft, subtle, shimmer with the Damask* image. The same stencil was used to machine emboss the side panels, the pockets, and the blue panels on the cards. The flap of the "handbag" and the cards were then paste-embossed in black with the Tole Heart*, and covered with beautiful Black Pearl Glitter from Stampendous*.  I added a Stampendous Class A' Peel sentiment* in black, as well as a ribbon bow and a Velcro closure (hook and loop). It would be easy enough to change the sentiments to create Valentines or wedding cards. For those of you here visiting from the Woodware UK blog, be sure to check out what the rest of the Woodware girls have been creating for their "Handbags at Dawn" challenge. For those of you here from the Dream It Up! blog, the girls have more inspiration for you, and encouragement for YOU to play along with us this month. Remember, you have ALL month to post and link your Valentine creation(s) to the Mr Linky on the Dream It Up! blog, for the opportunity to win one of two stencil designs! Come on...show us what YOU'VE GOT!


*Woodware UK:
Damask Stencil
Tole Heart
Matte Black Embossing Paste
Metallic F/X Glacier
Stampendous Black Pearl Glitter
Stampendous Class A' Peel Tiny Greetings

*Dreamweaver Stencils US:

Damask Stencil
Tole Heart
Matte Black Embossing Paste 
Memories Mists Iridescent Spray
Metallic F/X Glacier



11 comments:

Wendy said...

I LOVE this Pam!! What a darling, darling, darling gift for someone. I don't think your cheating AT ALL. Clever, yes!!! Fabulous colors!

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

oooo-la la! Loving the turquoise and black! And wow what a fabulous project! Very clever!

Louise said...

You AMAZE me! This is beautiful and practical, now I have to look at those mega dies again!

Kristi Parker Van Doren said...

OK...this is so cool ALMOST left me speachless. Amazing and so fun. Great idea and beautiful job!

Scrappychick said...

Beautiful project! I love the colors and what a lovely gift this would make!

Jessie Hurley said...

Love, Love, Love It!

Laura Drahozal said...

Beautiful, Pam! What a great gift idea. So elegant, I don't even know what to say. You are incredible!

sommrstamping said...

WOw this is really amazing. Like Lynell I love the turquoise and black. and how cute with the thank you cards.

StampendousGraphics said...

So pretty, Pam! Love the colors! And just so elegant, as always.

Anonymous said...

Wow Pam! What a creation! I am busy preparing for a consultation for a couple who want to craft their wedding invites and this is full of ideas!

Jamie Martin said...

Pam, this is too cute! Love it, hugs.