Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day Three Dreamweaver Stencils' Sneak Peeks...Yippee!




 Day three of the sneak peek-a-thon for Dreamweaver Stencils. Today's post features my favorite new stencil to be released at CHA next week...the Retro Cat Sitting (yes, this means that there is also a Retro Cat Standing). I paste-embossed him in black and covered it with Stampendous black glitter before adding glowing rhinestone eyes and a jumpring collar.. The background is the new Waves and Dots stencil, which also has a very retro feel. I machine-embossed it on white cardstock, and while the stencil was still in place, I placed drops of the new Color Solutions alcohol inks in Iceberg Blue and Citron through the stencil. The embossing prevents a small amount of the color from oozing under, but I was happy with the end effect...sort of mod sixties. I used the same stencil to machine emboss my "lamp base" for my retro lamp,  added a curved dimensional shade with pom pom trim, a pull chain, and black rhinestones for embellishment.

Wait until you see what the rest of the Dream Team have done with the new Retro Cats! Maybe you'll be lucky and someone else is posting with them today...go check! The team list is at right.

3 comments:

Francoise said...

A great card. Love the colours! very retro. Hope to see you at CHA?

Kristi said...

so totally cute!

Laura Weed said...

LOVE your kitty cat! Can't wait to see what else you do with these fun kitties!