Monday, January 2, 2012

Need a Good Laugh?

I can't believe that I didn't get around to posting this card last month! I love this card...it just cracks me up. The image is from Murray's Law, a line from Gourmet Rubber Stamps. The artist's images and outlook on life just defines ROFLMBO (cleaned that up for the goodie-two-shoes among you). I chose these two wild patterned papers to piece this curvaceous lady (who desperately needs a new bra!), colored her with Copic markers, and gave her boobs a little extra "support" with foam tape. To enforce the martini theme of the sentiment, I punched circles from green patterned paper and red to create my gin-soaked olives (okay...not gin soaked, but a girl can dream). Life has been a teeny bit stressful lately which makes me appreciate this sentiment all the more. Which is probably why I've decided to make my New Year's resolution (besides the trying to lose weight, eat healthier, exercise more, blah blah blah) to simplify my life a bit. Maybe attempt to be a little less OCD about being the perfect mom, wife, friend, domestic diva, and papercrafter. Lol. Well, going to give it a try. Anyone want to join me? Meanwhile, until you reach that goal, go buy some Murray's Law images to amuse you and some Gourmet Rubber Stamps to keep you sane. Better yet, sign up for the monthly Diner's Club sets and call it therapy!



3 comments:

Stephanie (Arty Carty) Lee said...

ROFLOL!!! too funny ... and it's cheaper too!

Melinda Gleissner said...

Pam, What a hoot! I love your paper piecing...it's perfect and your coloring of her skin is fabulous. I hope this is an absolutely amazing year for you and your family.

Krissy said...

What a fun card! Love your plaid gin-soaked olives! Send this old girl to Kohl's and I'll get her hooked up with a new bra to pick up the "girls"!