Thursday, September 29, 2011

Sketch Challenge #10 with Dreamweaver Stencils

 Check out the sketch challenge Kim gave us at Dreamweaver Stencils Dream Scheme Thursday this week! As soon as I saw it, I knew exactly which stencil I wanted to work with...the LJ875 Four Seasons. Probably a little obvious since all four panels on the stencil are in four panels. I used the Glossy White paste to emboss the entire stencil on white cardstock. When dry (takes approximately 45 minutes, unless you lay it on top of a warm toaster oven or pancake griddle), I cut it into the four panels. Each panel was then run through my hot laminator machine with a different color of Dreamweaver Stencilsfoil...gold, green, copper, and blue. No adhesive necessary, the heat enables the foil to adhere to the embossing paste. The end result is gorgeous, professional-looking foiling with a raised emboss. The sketch called for something along the fold edge, so I added a border of black argyle using my new EK edger, and a matted square of the same for that center piece of the sketch. I didn't want to place anything in the center that would detract from the gorgeous seasonal trees. I knew that I would love how these trees would turn out. Now I can hardly wait to create with them again! Want to play along with me and the rest of the Dream Team? Just hop around to see the team posts (listed at right), as well as the Dream It Up! blog, then link your own creation to Mr. Linky.



4 comments:

Marijane said...

YES! This was a perfect stencil to use for this project. The trees look so pretty foiled, and the ek edger makes a gorgeous border.

Louise said...

ooo...aaahhh...So beautiful! I love how you did the different colored foils on them, I am definately going to give this a try!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card, I do like the use of the sketch and the stencil.

Laura Drahozal said...

This was really the right stencil for this. I had no idea that you could use the foils directly on the paste without adhesive! Very interesting indeed. I wish I could see this one in person, because I just love those foils!