Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Another Challenge with SCS...in Color!


Another quickie post for today. I had some time to play with another challenge over at Split Coast Stampers, this time with their color challenge of Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin, and Old Olive. I love this patterned paper (WRM "Grandma's Kitchen), so that got distressed around the edges a bit and plopped onto my olive card. The orange panel may not be precisely "pumpkin", but what are they going to do...fire me? I stamped the Stampendous Thankful Leaves on the panel with Olympia Green Versafine ink, as well as two patterned papers of olive gingham (October Afternoon "Fly A Kite") and turquoise dots (Pinecone Press) and cut these out to pop up for more emphasis. Oh, I also ran the panel through the Big Shot (before adding the leaves!) with an Argyle embossing folder as well. A quick twill/button/twine embellishment and I was done. Fun!




1 comment:

Francoise said...

Love your colours! just my kind of mix. The embossed panel behind the leaves is a very nice touch.