Thursday, September 1, 2011

Hop Across the Pond and Back with Dreamweaver Stencils!-Day Five




This week has gone by soooo fast! I can't believe that tomorrow will be the last day of the Dreamweaver Stencils/Woodware UK Hop! So many amazingly talented designers from both teams, with so many amazingly creative ways to use the Dreamweaver Stencils' line of wonderful products. Did you miss any of the last few days posts? You can click HERE to return to the Dream It Up! post with the entire list of bloggers for each day. The girls that are posting today are:

FRIDAY September 2nd.
Pam (me!)
 My post for today features the newly released "Gears" stencil. Apparently, turquoise and copper are my latest craze, as I used these same colors for my first post of this hop, which you can see HERE. Lol. This set was actually created for a friend of my hubby for his 50th birthday party. He is an avid bicyclist, with a fancy new Italian bike and all the cycling gear. We picked up a whole bunch of wild cycling socks for him to wear on the road. The goofier the better!  The "gears" theme just seemed to be appropriate for him. For both the gift bag and the card, I ran panels of Core'dinations cardstock through the embossing machine atop the Gears stencil, with the rubber embossing mat on top and two clear plattens on that to protect the stencil. Once the panels were embossed, I sanded over the surface to reveal the aqua "core" within, highlighting the design. I ran panels of the new Dreamweaver Stencils' Mercart Copper through the machine as well and embossed the Gears design on it as well. I wiped some Turquoise Memories Mists over the surface, applied a heat tool slightly to set the color, and then wiped away the excess with a paper towel. These copper panels were wrapped around a chipboard square and adhered to either the bag or the card. For the card, I stenciled the sentiment from the Dreamweaver Stencils' "Birthday Words". I love this stencil and use it frequently as it has a nice variety of expressions to use. A little ink distressing, a little Memories Mists Turquoise brushed here and there, and the gift set is complete. Really simple, very WOW, and great to have on hand for those masculine types!
Remember, in order to have an opportunity to win some Dreamweaver Stencils, you need to comment on the blogs as you go. 
LJ911 Gears 
AC14 Mercart Copper Combo Pack
LG704 Birthday Words
UV08 Turquoise Memories Mists

You can purchase any of the products used through Woodware UK and in the US, through Stencil With Style!

11 comments:

Liz Martin said...

I have really enjoyed seeing your beautiful copper and turquoise projects on this hop. Each one with more "wow" factor than the last!

Diane said...

Fab bag and fab card Pam !! Really enjoying the blog hop , so many ideas !! Thanks.....

hugs Diane xx

Daria said...

Terrific guy card and gift bag! The copper embellishment adds a touch of elegance to the distressed look of the card and bag. Love the idea of the bike socks!

Siobhan Fyffe said...

This is really fab!! The colours really work so well together and I love the really grungy look you have achieved.
Siobhan

Wendy said...

The turquoise with the brown is soo striking Pam!! Great job!

scrappybetty said...

What a great masculine card. Love it.

SherylH said...

What a great way to make a coordinating gift bag and card! I wasn't too struck on the gear stencil but can see now where it might be just the thing for masculine cards.

Louise said...

Great color combo, I love thses two together! These are wonderful, I am definately going to start using my MM more as "stains".

Kim x said...

More fantastic ideas. I'm afraid that once again I couldn't comment on Louise and Lynell's blogs. Sorry. Someone better at Computers than me needs to let me know where I'm going wrong.
Loving this week. Kimx

sommrstamping said...

Pam I love the bag and card, especially with my new favorite stencil, The gears baackground and love the colors.

Janine said...

Reminds me very much of some native American art work.