Saturday, September 3, 2011

GOT CHALLENGES? STAMPENDOUS DOES!


Stampendous is so excited to be bringing something NEW to you! Each month on the first Saturday, we will share a brand new challenge with you - it might be a sketch, or colors, or a fun new technique to try. You'll have an entire month to play along with us! And what would a challenge be without a prize? We'll draw a random winner from all qualifying entries at the end of the month, who will win that month's prize. 

We're kicking off the new Stampendous Saturday Challenge with a Sketch for September, drawn by Wendy PriceTo play along with us and be eligible to win the Cling Jumbo Romantic Border we're giving away this month, make a card or project using our sketch, upload it to your blog or other online gallery (keyword: STM01), and add the direct link to the linky tool on the Stampendous blog. You have until Thursday, September 29th at 11:00 PM PST to play! You don't have to use a Stampendous image or products to play along, but we sure love it when you do!
Be sure to head over to the Stampendous blog to check out all the details, see more inspiration from our designers, and to add your link to the linky tool!  

Also, stop by these blogs to see what my other Stampendous teammates have created with the sketch:
 

For my version of Wendy Price's sketch, I thought that I'd have some ghoulish fun with a couple of Stampendous' latest creeps...Mumpkin and Count Jack! They're a bit more cute than creepy, but that's okay with me. The background adds some creepy notes. I used the Crowscape Background stamped in gray ink on the purple card. Since I knew that I wanted to "mummy wrap" some twill around the bottom of the card, I added a striped panel of paper to make room. I punched nine 1 1/4" circles and stamped my guys on them, distressed around the edges on everything, including the twill, and added a pop of color with the glowing green eyes and the bright green circle for the sentiment. Oh, yes, and a tiny violet rhinestone drop of blood on Count Jack's fang! 


If you've had a chance to check out all the blogs so far in our September Challenge line-up, then break out your stamps and inks and get crafty! Create your own version of this fun sketch, post it, and link it with the keyword (STM01) on the Stampendous blog for your opportunity to win THIS fabulous image!

For those of you that have been our faithful followers through the July and August Stampendous Saturdays, I hope you will continue to follow along and PLAY along with us. My final winner from the August blog candy give-aways is:

BARBARA BRYANT

Congratulations! Please email (phornschu@hotmail.com) me with your address and your new Cling Jumbo Snowflakes will be sent off to you asap!
Last week's winner PAM...please contact me with your info to the email above. Please do so before Tuesday, September 6th, or I will need to randomly choose another winner.
  



12 comments:

Melinda said...

Pam,
Your card is so creative! I thought Count Jack had a tongue piercing:-)
Love all of the textures - Crowscape background, mummy twill, glowing eyes and the blood/piercing. Thanks for all of your help this week. I'm grateful.

wendyp said...

Have i told you lately you are AMAZING?! I wish my brain worked the way yours does! LOVE that you used the pumpkins in the circles! Super cute!

Geny said...

Wonderful, fun card!! It puts me in the mood for Halloween!!

Laura Davis said...

Ahhhhhh this is so CUTE!!
Hugs
Laura

Scrappychick said...

oh my word...this is adorable! I had Halloween on the brain creating mine and just wasn't going anywhere with it. LOVE it Pam!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Love this Pam...I nearly used my Halloween images for this challenge too. They turned out so cute, especially with the fun effects on the eyes. TFS

SmilynStef said...

This card made me smile ... such an adorable layout to feature those fun little faces.

Kristine Reynolds said...

Pam-this is so very cute!!

Suzanne C said...

Tremendous fun! Love the mini faces peeking out! Wonderful card using the sketch!

Wendy said...

I love this Pam!!!! What a fabulous idea!!!!! Halloween cards are so hard from me!!!

Krissy said...

so so so cute!!!! These little guys happen to have followed me home from Archivers the other day.....so now I know what to make with them! Your cards are always an inspiration!

Ida said...

This is so cute and just plain fun!