Thursday, August 18, 2011

WHAT WILL YOU DO WITH KRAFT, RED, AND IVORY?


My good friend and Dream Teammate, Wendy, suggested our colorway challenge for this week...kraft, red, and ivory. Great combo. I'm all over it! Somehow kraft cardstock evokes the thought of simple, so I tried to keep it that way...mostly. I ran my ivory panel through the Big Shot with the newly released "Stockings by the Fire" stencil. Okay, have to admit, my first thought was to airbrush the flames with my Copic system...but, trying to keep it simple here. Sigh. So, I replaced the stencil and rouged gold and brown ink from the Splendor Antique pad softly over the embossed areas. Then I paper-pieced the stockings with some cute gingham paper, and matted the panel with the same paper. The kraft card was distressed with ink and my ragged fingernails (great distressing tools, but not pretty), before wrapping the card with red and white baker's twine. The stockings are "hung by the chimney with care", (actually brad fasteners and bakers twine bows). The sentiment was just an epoxy sticker from Cloud 9 Design. Turned out cute and homey, kind of the sitting-by-the-fire feeling you want during the holidays, but not so much in the middle of summer. Oh, well, a girl can dream...



 So now you have your opportunity to visit the rest of the Dream Team for inspiration before breaking out your kraft, red, and ivory supplies to create something you can link to on the Dream It Up! blog!


9 comments:

Wendy said...

Great, great, great card Pam!! Perfect paper for the challenge!!! I hope you have a beautful day!

sommrstamping said...

WOW Pam this is such a great card and looking out my window this morning it could be winter gray cloudy and foggy. I really like the simplicity of this card it works. You did a great job as usual.

Terrece said...

WOW Pam! Both your cards are fantastic. Really puts your in the holiday way of thinking. (Which I don't really want to go to since this will be my first REAL white winter ALL winter long!) Love both cards!

Anonymous said...

Nice card, the stockings by the fire are great.

Liz Martin said...

This is so cute – you can almost hear the fire crackling! Great job, Pam.

Laura Drahozal said...

CUTE. I really like the paper piecing, and especially your use of twine. Wonderful!

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

again...great attention to the details Pam! So was this really simple? Reeeeally??? I hope so because I think I will give this one a try. Don't know where to find that bakers string though???

Kristi said...

love this stencil! GReat job on both blogs! you are so cool

Louise said...

This is just darling! I love the paper piecing on the stockings, and the brads and twine are the perfect finishing touch!