Thursday, August 4, 2011

Dreamweaver Stencils' Sketch #9-Skating on Thin Paste!



 The Dream Team has a sketch challenge for this week which can be seen at left. My version is featuring the newly released Ice Skates stencil. I paper-pieced the boot portions of the skates using this cute plaid paper, but first I pasted the image on the plaid cardstock with Translucent Paste. This way the boots had a nice shine to them, but still were easy to see when cutting the pieces. I paste embossed them again with Metallic Silver on the blue Nestabilities panel. Following the sketch, I cut a large plaid panel into four and adhered it to the card. I punched slots at top and bottom of the skates panel to add a ribbon bow. The small circle became a jumbo brad fastener with a sentiment rub-on. So now is your opportunity to visit the rest of the team for more inspiration, play along, and post a link to your creation on the Dream It Up! blog. Be sure to come back for more fun with the Dreamweaver Stencils' new release.






 LL3016 Ice Skates
DEPT Translucent Paste
DSP Metallic Silver Paste
Nestabilities Jumbo Scalloped Ovals
Memory Box Valise "Bauble" paper
Bazzill Nautical Blue
ribbon
jumbo brad
TLC Quikwords Rub-ons

14 comments:

Deborah March said...

Now THIS is just the CUTEST thaing!!!

Wendy said...

So cute Pam!!!! I hope you are well and had a great day in Anaheim yesterday!

Louise said...

Wow, I just love how this came out! Very creative and unusual colors, but they work!

sommrstamping said...

I love this card Pam. Maybe if I had these rockin Ice skates I would have felt better about the whole ice skating thing. You did a great job as usual thanks for all your inspiration.

Taylor said...

LOVE this sketch so much! You did a great job with it :)

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Pam....so cute! love the colors too, who would have thunk PLAID ice skates, but it is just the type of thing I would love to wear if I were a skater....skate covers to match my outfit. heehee!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Wow...it's hard to believe this is from a stencil. You do amazing work and this card is no exception...a truly amazing and fun holiday creation!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Pam!! I never would have thought to use plaid with the skates.

Laura Drahozal said...

Leave it to Pam to come up with cute, plaid plaid skates! You are so clever.

Terrece said...

I love it. The plaid on the skates is too cute. How long did it take you to cut out? Looks great!

Kristi said...

very cool! love wht you do with paper girl!

Scrappychick said...

now thats really cute and REALLY clever. you and Wendy are determined to change my mind on stencils aren't you?!

Uniquebynancy said...

Love the skates. What a cute idea.

Nancy

Register Website said...

What lovely blog and truly it looks cute.