Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hop Across the "Pond" and Back with Dreamweaver Stencils!

Welcome to the first Dreamweaver Stencils/Woodware UK Back-and-Forth Across the "Pond" Blog Hop! We've been checking out the talented new Woodware UK design team and thought it would be great fun to party together this week! This is a fabulous opportunity for us to learn from each other, to inspire all of you with some amazing new ideas with Dreamweaver Stencils and products, and bonus...you have multiple opportunities all week long to win some fabulous blog candy.
My post today features my decorative Boudoir Box created from a plain old square paper mache box from the craft store. The lid was covered in a piece of the new Dreamweaver Stencils copper. The metal was run through my embossing machine (Sizzix Big Shot Pro) with Dreamweaver Stencils' "Damask" stencil to create a wonderful panel of the embossed design. I painted over it with Turquoise and Copper Memories Mists, and rubbed most of these away before they dried completely. I used a scrap piece of copper die cut and embossed with the Spellbinder's Shapeabilities Pendants "Lattice". To give it an antique look, I sponged some black StazOn ink over it. I layered a couple of beads in the center for a handle on the lid. The sides of the lid were strips of Core'dinations cardstock that were run through the embossing machine just as previously described. The embossed areas were sanded lightly to highlight to Damask design. A little Copper Memories Mists was smudged around the edges, and some thin aqua velvet ribbon covered the edge. A few rhinestones and some chocolate brown pompom trim finished off the lid. The base of the box was painted with the Copper Memories Mists before stenciling the "Lace Border" around the edges. This was quite simple to do. I just used removable tape to hold the stencil in place. I used dark brown acrylic paint and a larger stencil brush to "rouge" the paint over the stencil. It was easy to line up the pattern around the box. When dry, I smudged some Turquoise Memories Mists around the edges, added some rhinestone bling, and adhered some beads as feet on the bottom of the box. This box is perfect to keep all those little "things" that we women insist on having on our dresser or nightstand, but would also be a perfect Christmas gift filled with a set of gift cards or tags.
Now that you've seen what I've provided for the party, be sure to check out the rest of the talented group posting today:

CazLaura
Pam (me!)

Remember to leave some love in the form of comments at each blog...this will ensure that you have the opportunity to possibly win some fabulous Dreamweaver Stencils as blog candy. If you have any questions on any projects that you see along the way, please feel free to leave your question in the comment along with your email address.
This hop will continue through Saturday, September 3rd, so be sure to take part each day for even more opportunities, and more inspiration for use with Dreamweaver Stencils, and for those of you in the UK, more of the Woodware line of craft products. The entire list of blogs for hopping each day will also be on the Dreamweaver Stencils' "Dream It Up!" blog in case you feel lost along the way.

 

Dreamweaver Stencils Products:
LX7001 Lg. Damask
LL564 Lace Border
AC14 Mercart Copper Metal
MM27 Copper Memories Mists
UV08 Turquoise Memories Mists
TIP Tube Acrylic Paints

19 comments:

Nikki said...

This box is just gorgeous I love the elegant look those stencils give
hugs Nikki

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

My OH MY!!! That box is gorgeous Pam!

Dorrie said...

The box is great, I really have to have some of that metal!

stampingcaz said...

Beautiful Pam, I am such a novice with stencils but was pleased how easy it was to create something so simply. I cant wait to see the hop continue :)

Caz - Woodware DT

Deborah March said...

Oooohhh Pam...looks like something found on top of an old Victorian vanity...how BEAUTIFUL!

Diane said...

Fab box, just loving all these wonderful ideas !! Thanks !!

hugs Diane xx

Liz Martin said...

From humble beginnings the papier- mache box has become a thing of beauty, waiting to hold all kinds of treasures! Great job, Pam.

Janine said...

great box - lots of detail

Siobhan Fyffe said...

What a gorgeous box!! First day on this blog hop and already I am inspired!!
Siobhan (from across the pond!!)

Wendy said...

Oh my goodness Pam!!! You rocked it again!! Great job!!! I am leaving here, inspired again!!!

SherylH said...

What a beautiful little box -- love all the different techniques you have used.

Kim x said...

Hi Pam, your box is beautiful. I never realised just how versatile stencils were.
I tried commenting on Laura's blog but it wouldn't let me. Don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Looking forward to more fab ideas tomorrow.
Love Kimx

Billie Dee said...

I like that box very much! I just may have to c.a.s.e. it! Thank you for the idea.

wendyp said...

Wow! LOVING that blue and copper combo! Amazing creation, Pam!!!

Kristi said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Purdy stuff you got going on girl! hugs

Daria said...

It's hard to believe that this pretty box started life as a paper mache box. I love the embossed and distressed copper. Beautiful work.

Louise said...

Amazing! The color combo is wonderful, and I really like the idea of using the Memories Mists to add color. Great project.

Laura Drahozal said...

Very beautiful, Pam. You know how much I love your boxes......

nikkib said...

Just stunning, what a fabulous christmas present this would make...