Wednesday, August 17, 2011

BLOGS FOR BOOBIES...DAY THREE! WHOOPPPEEE!



Finally we are at day three of Skipping Stones Design's annual "Blogs for Boobies"! There have been three days of hopping, complete with fabulous creations by extremely talented paper-crafters available for bidding on. All proceeds from the auctioning of these creations will go directly to the Susan G. Komen Foundation to aid in research of a cure for breast cancer. Last year the "Blogs for Boobies"  FUN-draiser made over $1,100! This year we are aiming for $1,500, and YOU can help! How? One of two ways:

1) Purchasing any of the fabulous Skipping Stones Designs. For every set sold, SSD will donate $2 to the Komen Foundation. You can shop HERE. How about this one called "Cancer Schmancer"?



Or, you could choose the "Bras #1" and "Bras #2" featured in my project. This creation has a fun charm pin with tiny shrink bras, along with a wonderful satin-lined box to keep it in. A great gift for any woman who's life has been changed by breast cancer.

2) Bid on any of the creations being posted over the three hop days, August 15th-17th. Bidding will continue until August 23rd, 8 pm MT, at which time the highest bid will win that item. Bidding must be done on the blog where the desired creation is located. Leave your bid in the comment section (usually at the end of the post...click on the "Post a Comment"). A $5 starting bid is recommended. Add your email address in this comment as your agreement to the bid. Keep watch, you may need to "up" your bid to win the item. Placing a high bid from the start can help ensure your win. Oh, and bonus...your bid includes your shipping for the item! 

For more detailed info, visit the SSD blog. Here is the list for the day three blogs:

Rae Ann Barthel

Karen Baker

Pam Hornschu (You are here!)

Jennifer Ingle

Ria Johnson

Mel McCarthy

Stephanie Mino

Kandi Phillips

Wendy Price

Julia Stainton

Taylor Usry  

Remember, you have until August 23rd, 8 pm MT, to bid on your favorite projects (including MINE...hee hee) by leaving your comments with bid amount. Keep checking back as sometimes blog comments are moderated by the designer, and do not show up right away. Have fun hopping, shopping, and bidding! Support those boobies!



13 comments:

slbela59 said...

Wow!! Fantastic project. I start the bidding at $20 for my sister.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Hi Pam, This is beyond stunning! Thank you ever so much for letting me know about my mess up with the list. I couldn't get the formatting to work & my head is a mess. My Father in Law is in hospital, fighting cancer, of all things...

P.s. I wondered if you knew you were "no reply" on blogger? There's a great article here, http://www.pleasant-home.com/2010/12/so-exciting-less-no-reply-bloggers.html if you are curious. Thanks again for your help!

Barb Turpin said...

Oh my! This is just TOO TOO CLEVER!!! I absolutely love it!
I'll bid $25
b_turpin[at]comcast[dot]net

skippy stamps said...

How Creative and fun!!!! I am just floored!!! SO happy you could join us for B4B!!!

Taylor said...

Wow Pam - this is AMAZING!! What a great project!

Anonymous said...

This project is awesome!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Your pin & box are so stunning! What a brilliant idea.

Wendy said...

Pam........ARE YOU KIDDING??? I LOVE THIS!@! You amaze me daily girl!!!

slbela59 said...

I have to up my bid this is just too beautiful and its for my sister. so $30.

slbela59athotmaildotcom

slbela59 said...

hmm don't know what happened to my comment, but I am upping my bid to $30. I just love this and it is for my sister.

slbela59athotmaildotcom

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Hey Pammie! These are darling. I would love to have those for my assistant, she was announced to be CA free for one year and was quite proud and this would be the perfect gift. Actually I think you should take orders for these....hehehe! My bid $35!!!

slbela59 said...

I really want this for my sister, so I will up my bid to $40.

Pam Hornschu said...

CAROLYN wishes to bid $45, but is having problems placing the comment on this post so I'm doing it for her.
cgrueser@suddenlink.com

If this bothers any of you, please email me at phornschu@hotmail.com