Thursday, August 11, 2011

Dreamweaver Stencils Free Week Technique

A Dreamweaver Stencils' Dream Team free week is always the perfect opportunity to play with a new technique. This week, I decided to feature a card that I had done for CHA using a fun way to use the new holographic foils from Dreamweaver Stencils. The new Butterfly is the coolest stencil...the stencil is shaped as the entire butterfly, allowing you to do some unusual things. In my case, I wanted to show off the positive and the negative portions of the image. Using Versamark ink directly on the stencil and running it through the Big Shot with the aqua panel transfers the ink, acting almost as a stamp. This was then embossed with black EP. The same process was used on the harlequin paper, but with white EP. On this panel, I replaced the stencil over the embossed area and inked in the other areas, embossing with black EP. Once again, I replaced the stencil over both panels,  applied Versamark ink, and embossed with the Stampee bonding powder. Then I immediately placed the holo foil over the embossed surface face UP and ran them through my hot laminator. Once I peeled off the carrier, what was left over the surface was this shimmery, iridescent holographic foil to highlight the gorgeousness of the new Butterfly stencil. So cool to be able to run the foil through the laminator on top of the embossed surfaces. Very addictive and fun. Be sure to try it out! I wonder what the rest of the team has thought up this week...let's go visit and find out! Then check out the Dream It Up! blog before linking your own creation. BTW, you can see all the new release stencils HERE.


LJ916 Butterfly
LG734 Bird Words
Prism Holographic Foil
Stampee bonding powder
EP111 Black Embossing Powder
EP100 White Embossing Powder
Versamark ink
kraft, aqua Bazzill Dotted Swiss cardstock
Recollections harlequin paper
black pompom trim
rhinestone stickers

6 comments:

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

This is an unbelievable creation Pam. That holographic foil technique looks so great with the black and turquoise theme. Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Love that butterfly and what you did with it.

Louise said...

Wow, this is marvelous. Great directions too!

Laura Drahozal said...

Love the color swap on that butterfly where it crosses the borderline to the other paper! Very cool as always.

sommrstamping said...

Pam is there nothing you can't do. This card is really outstanding. I love what you did with the holographic film it really stands out on the card.

Wendy said...

Oh my goodness Pam, when I get done reading your blog, I have the strongest urge to run to my craft room!! Your the most inspiring person I know. I think it is because you love so much of the same things that I do!! Love this!!!