Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Skip, Skip, Skip to a Sketch!


I couldn't resist. I had to play along with Skipping Stones Design sketch challenge this week, created by Teri Anderson (of Paper Crafts Go-to-Gals fame). I've been playing with the two "boobies" sets from SSD in preparation for their annual "Blogs for Boobies" event which runs next week from August 15th -17th. All of the cards/projects from this hop will be auctioned and the proceeds sent to the Susan G. Komen Foundation. Wow! How could a stamper not want to take part? On top of it all, SSD has the most fun line of stamps and sentiments...all guaranteed to put a smile on your face. I love the sketch that Teri did. Very simple, which you know if you've been following my blog, is always a challenge for me to keep it CAS. But, I tried on this one, really I did. I used the curved sentiment from "Bras #1" to mimic the circle shapes on the two corners. I stamped and embossed the bra image using Stampendous' new Bright Pink embossing powder. The sentiment went on a banner strip, embossed in Chocolate embossing powder. A scrap of velvet rick rack and a tiny pink rhinestone completed the card. It was hard to stop there, but I did! Aren't you proud of me? Be sure to visit the SSD blog to see what the other players and the SSD design team (including my good friend, Wendy Jordan) have done with this week's sketch. Happy stamping!

5 comments:

Barb Turpin said...

Love the curved sentiment...great take on the sketch. Glad your playing with us at Skipping Stones Design!

wendyp said...

love the way you've created the curved text with the sentiment! Fabulous job, Pam!!!

Stephanie said...

Pam.......I totally am loving your card!!! The curved sentiment is just perfect! I'm looking forward to the Blogs4Boobies auction, too!

Karen B. said...

What a fantastic card! Love how the pink just hops off the card!

Jingle said...

Pam, this is great! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Skipping Stones!