Saturday, July 11, 2015

Woodware: Deb's Challenge...Nature Inspired

Woodware teammate, Deb Frost, has challenged us to be inspired by nature for this week. Love this challenge! The only difficulty is deciding which direction to go with it!

Obviously, I chose the sea for my inspiration. I mixed a bit of Dreamweaver Regular Embossing paste in two small batches...one with a bit of an aqua tint, and one with a terracotta tint, created by mixing in a bit of acrylic paints to the paste to get the shades that I desired.

I used the aqua paste to emboss the Dreamweaver Mosaic Swirls stencil on kraft cardstock, and when I matted in in black, and adhered it to a kraft card.

I dabbed a fairly thick portion of the terracotta paste on a scrap of cardstock, and let it dry. Once dry, the paste has a bit of give to it. This allowed me to place the Dreamweaver Nautilus stencil over the top, and carve away some of the paste using the Woodware Multi-crafting Tool set. The end result looks a bit like a fossil, which being the good geologists' daughter that I am, made me quite happy. I cut around the piece and adhered it to the card as well.

Finally, I ink-stenciled the Dreamweaver Seahorse on a piece of sea glass, and embossed it with Stampendous Sand Embossing Powder, and adhered that as well as a sentiment tag and ribbon to finish off my bit of nature.

Don't forget to check out the other nature inspired creations from the team this week. You can find all of their links on the Woodware Blog!

4 comments:

Katie said...

What a neat idea! I love this background too and your seahorse on a bit of seaglass. Wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

Jamie Martin said...

The colors of paste you made are very pretty together! Great card :)

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Wow...Pam, the last two creations with the stencils are fabulous! How creative to use the paste that way! Loving seeing what you are doing....btw, my nephew had a similar car accident that you and Bryan were in and his car is totalled...sad! He fared better than you, his air bag deployed even though it was a rear end collision. Says he is a bit sore, but no ambulance ride for him.

barbara macaskill said...

This is so awesome!! Great colors too! TFS!