Monday, July 13, 2015

Stampendous and Chameleon...a Colorful Christmas Combination


All of this week, the Stampendous/Dreamweaver team are showing off a fabulous new marker system...Chameleon Pens. These are so unique, and have a bit of a learning curve, especially when you're used to working with the various alcohol marker systems on the market. Once mastered, these are a great option, as you'll see when visiting the team's posts this week. Just an aside...Chameleon people...thank you so much for providing our team with complete sets of these markers, as well as the fabulous video tutorials found HERE. Be sure to check the Stampendous blog for info regarding the prizes to be won this week, and all the rules, etc. (Hint: leaving comments is a BIG rule!Lol.)

My card today features the new House Mouse Designs® Christmas Characters, stamped in Tuxedo Black Memento, and colored and shaded with my Chameleon markers. The mice are a perfect way to begin using these markers, as they are smaller images to work with, and easier to blend using their toner marker. These work well on the Stampendous Mixed Media cardstock as well. I embellished the panel by adding drops of glue and Stampendous Micro Red Glitter to the berries, and brushing glue over the leaves, and sprinkling them with Micro Crystal Glitter.

I created a border/accent strip using the Dreamweaver Spiral Dots stencil in the double glitter technique, with both the red and glitters used above, on the Dreamweaver Double-sided Mounting Paper. For a video tutorial on this technique, please visit our Dreamweaver by Stampendous YouTube channel, at THIS LINK.

The final touch, was a panel of that same sticky paper, covered in Stampendous Micro Green Glitter, and run through my Big Shot Pro with the Dreamweaver Holly Swirls die. More glue and glitter for the berries, and the die cut was popped up off of the card with bits of foam tape. (By the way, the negative portion of that die cut panel is being saved for another occasion.)


Be sure to visit these links for today's inspiration:





21 comments:

Peg Klitch said...

So many neat ideas for your card! The red dots add so much. Love it!

TracyM #6773 said...

GORGEOUS card Pam!!!
Such ADORABLE stamping and BEAUTIFUL colouring - LOVE IT ALL!!!
TracyM #6773 from Victoria, Australia :)

jcobb said...

Good morning from eastern North Carolina USA! This card made me smile! The little mice are so adorable and your coloring is wonderful. Seeing what you can do with the Chameleon markers is definitely inspiring me to buy them for myself. Thanks for the inspiration!

Liz O. said...

Super cute image! Love all the sparkle! Thank you for sharing your adorable card Pam!
Greetings from sunny KS, USA,

Bunny said...

I watched a couple of the quick videos on how to fuse the color. Love the gradation of it. Really cute card, also. Love those berries the one mice is using as eyes and the other uses as a nose. Good morning from hot and hotter FL, USA.

manateegirl said...

The glittery touches make this card pop!

Mary Holshouser said...

Love the little mice. The added glitter really makes the card shine.
The coloring is great.
thanks for sharing
Illinois

barbara macaskill said...

LOVELOVELOVE this adorable card! The glittery additions are sparkaliscious and I love how you did the leaves! TFS!
Barb in VT

Jean Bullock said...

Love the coloring and the holly was a nice finishing touch!

Jean Bullock said...

Not sure if I mentioned I am from USA

Cathy A said...

Please don't enter me in the draw, as I am Chameleon. I just had to say this is so so cute, love your card.

brandco2450@gmail.com said...

From Ontario, Canada -Gorgeous card, beautiful colouring on a cute stamp. It pops!

D.Ann C said...

Too funny! Fab coloring!! - FL

Anonymous said...

Love to see each artist's style of crafting & use of the Chameleon pens.
Thanks for sharing!

I'm from upstate NY (USA).

Jennifer Marusarz said...

Love seeing how each artist's style and use of the pens is being shown.
Hope to win a set to give it all a try, too.

I'm from upstate NY (USA).

Michele H. said...

Love these markers and the design is too cute!I am from Texas in the USA.

Shari said...

Aww! So cute!! I am really starting to like these markers, the more I see them. I may just have to try them out. ^_^ (which usually means I am definitely going to try them out) Ohio, USA

Viki Banaszak said...

These mice make me smile with their antics. This is such a cute card.

Sue D said...

Beautiful coloring and I like the sparkle.
Sue in Ohio

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Beautiful coloring. I really love you color combination. TFS

Carolina Kathy said...

Another really cute card with those adorable mice! You did a great job coloring this card! Thx for sharing.