Thursday, July 9, 2015

Tree Hugging for Dreamweaver Thursday

If you've been a Harry Potter fan, then you know where my inspiration came from for this card. Since the Stampendous/Dreamweaver team are focusing on trees this week, I thought this would be a perfect time to post this unique card. I've said it before, and I'll say it again...if it's flat, I'll stamp or stencil on it (and in many cases, even if it's not flat!). I stenciled the Dreamweaver Buck on a piece of bark from one of the birch trees in my front yard, using Clearsnap Mixed Media inks, and a good stencil brush. To make it pop a bit more, I traced it in a fine black marker, and added some darker ink around the outside. To make the piece more sturdy, I adhered it to a panel of black cardstock using Beacon Zip Dry® adhesive. The kraft card base was ink-stenciled as well using the same inks with the Dreamweaver Bare Trees.



For more tree-mendous inspiration, head on over to the links below:

 


3 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cool!!! By the way to answer your question....that was a Spectrum Aqua marker......LOVE those markers!!!

Stampendous said...

Incredible looking stenciling with a Harry Potter theme. This is awesome! Thank you for sharing today!

TracyM #6773 said...

WOW - ABSOLUTELY STUNNING card!!!
LOVE IT ALL, love your inspiration too!!!
TracyM #6773 from Victoria, Australia :)