Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Stampendous: Shaking It Up With Skulls and Skeletons

Blogging is very confusing this time of the year! One post is Christmas. The next is Thanksgiving! Yet another is Halloween! This is one of those...obviously! This week, the Stampendous team are being challenged to feature skulls and skeletons. My card has both, 'cuz I'm an over-achiever.

I created a shaker card first, by stamping the Tomb Elements in Versamark and embossing him (Or her? Is that a gravestone, or are you just glad to see me?) in white on black cardstock. I used a Sakura Fluorescent Gelly Roll pen to  color just the skeleton. I ink-stenciled the Dreamweaver Stone Wall on a long orange panel, scored in the center 1/8" space between the two lines, and folded. Now, I used a Spellbinder Nestabilities die to cut a window opening, and adhered acetate behind it. I placed long, thin strips of foam taped on the inside, to completely cover the perimeter of the window. Before adhering to the other side, I sprinkled some Stampendous Trick or Treat, Lime, and Purple Color Fragments inside, and sealed it up.

This piece was then adhered over a card created from Core'dinations cardstock, along with strips of patterned paper, and a layered bow of May Arts Polka Dot and Chevron ribbons, with jute twine.


My final addition was the Stampendous Skull Roses, stamped and embossed in black on lime green mirror cardstock, and in embossed in white on black cardstock. The rose was cut from the last one, and adhered over the entire skull, after having cut it out. These were layered and adhered to the card with foam tape.


5 comments:

Kristine Reynolds said...

ADorable! Can a Halloween card be adorable? I think so!

barbara macaskill said...

Oh my ghouls! So many amazing details on this spooktacular card!! Love the ribbon, the background, the metal skull, the neon green skeleton, the shaker element and just everything!! Such an amazing card!! TFs!

Viki Banaszak said...

I love the green skelliton.

Anonymous said...

You are a flippin' genius! Love this card!

Jamie Martin said...

Great way to use the skull without coloring :)