Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Woodware: Froufrou For the Holidays!

The Woodware team is breaking into Grandma's attic for this post! Our challenge is using lace, ribbon, and pearls...so much fun! My card features the Clear Magic Nutcracker image with comes with some lovely snowflake designs. I used a mottled ivory cardstock, which I aged a bit with ColorBox Graphic 45 Venetian Lace ink. I stamped the Nutcracker in black ink on the card front, as well as a couple of sheets of the Cardmaker Christmas Post 8 X 8 paper pad that I keep using for everything! I stamped one more in white ink on one of the black patterned sheets. Then I decided how I wanted to dress my Nutcracker, and proceeded to cut out the various pieces and adhere them. I swiped a bit of white ink over him just to wash him out a bit. Now for the froufrou! I gave him a nice layer of Stampendous White Flock for his hair, beard, and mustache. He received a nice smattering of adhesive pearls on his jacket and hat. Now that he was all dressed up for the occasion, I stamped and embossed in white a few of the snowflakes from the set, and added adhesive pearls in their centers. I finished off the card with top and bottom borders of natural cotton ribbon and ivory cotton self-adhesive lace...all of which got a ink smudging to keep in the vintage feel.

No comments: