Saturday, November 6, 2010

STMC31-Little Dude Scrap Page



 Yep, it's Stampendous Saturday Sketch Challenge, week 31. So, Cyndi gave us a slightly bigger challenge this week...creating a scrap page with this suggested sketch to the left. I love to do scrap pages, but I have to admit, inside I was groaning. Scrap pages usually take me a looooong time. I want to find the perfect pictures. Then the perfect stamps, stickers, papers, and embellies. I have been in real holiday mode for at least a month now, but I had no holiday pics printed out (gotta get a new color printer). So I went through the pics that I did have, and came across this group of shots that my hubby took of our oldest son, Bryan, when he was about a year old. I was loved these pics as they captured all the many faces of Bryan. Bryan is now 24 years old, so these faces have changed a tad since then. It's always fun to go back and scrap those old memories. In this case I used the Perfectly Clear "It's a Boy" set. I recently bought this cute plaid paper, which I stamped and embossed the large star from the set using Pacific Blue embossing powder. Stampendous has the most amazing variety of colors of embossing powder! This was how I created my own embellies for this page. The extra stars and the brackets were embossed and cut out before popping up on the page. I created my own background paper by stamping the various toys for boys from the set. I created stamped and embossed blue borders as well with Lettuce and Chinese Red embossing powders. I added the
Velvet Ric Rac Class A' Peel stickers for the fresh clean look of a pop of white, and cute little buttons randomly over the page. Having the sketch layout already planned made this page come together a lot quicker than I thought it would. Now it's YOUR turn to play along. You know the drill...create your own page, upload it to one of the online sites, go to the Stampendous Impressions blog and leave the link to your design. You have the opportunity to win one of two great prizes! For more inspiration, be sure to check out the rest of the team's blogs as listed at right. Happy scrapping!

Pam

Perfectly Clear "It's a Boy" from Stampendous (SSC131)
Class A' Peel "Ric Rac Border" from Stampendous (AC653VW)
Pacific Blue (EP114), Lettuce (EP512), and Chinese Red (EP210) from Stampendous
Versamark ink from Tsukineko
Lime Pastel and Tangerine ColorBox Chalk ink from Clearsnap
Bazzill Basics green
white, orange, blue cardstock
KI Memories-Heirloom Paper Pack
Nestabilities Shapabilities Label Trio
buttons, jute twine
piercing tool
double-sided foam adhesive

1 comment:

Scrappychick said...

Thanks for playing along with my awful challenge!!! Your page is adorable :)