Monday, November 1, 2010

Lizzie Anne Designs Sketch Monday

If you are here looking for the Lizzie Anne new release post, please scroll down...but you can enjoy this one along the way! :)
 
This is my first time playing along with the Lizzie Anne sketch challenge. Today's sketch was designed by Joslyn, so be sure to hop on over to her blog to check out her amazing version! I went super simple on this one. Those of you who know me, know this was a struggle. I like clean and simple, but I tend to have a compulsion to put on ribbon, and sparkles, and buttons, and stickers, and...you get the point. I liked the simple look of Joslyn's sketch, so I forced myself to keep it CAS. I stamped the three images on three strips of white cardstock using Versamark ink, and brushed chalks over the surface of each. (Tip: I masked off the sentiment portion of the ornaments stamp with a piece of tape before inking, but be sure to remove the tape before stamping!) Then I inked the sentiment portion only on the ornaments stamp for the message at the bottom of the card. The final touch was the buttons and twine. However, I think if I were to do large multitudes of this card, I would leave off tying the twine through each button. Gets a little tedious after a while! Be sure to check out the rest of the team, play along, and post your creation to the Lizzie Anne Designs customer gallery. Happy stamping!
Pam

"The Key to Happiness"Mixed Set, "Starburst" single from Lizzie Anne Designs
Versamark ink from Tsukineko
French Blue Chalk ink from Clearsnap
Decorator Chalks from Craf-T Products
Bazzill Basics Limeade cardstock
Mohawk white cardstock
buttons, twine

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Love the colors....you are awesome with blues and greens!!! Cute, cute, cute!!

anya said...

Awesome card, Pam! I love how you used the different images together. A perfect holiday card!