Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Mojo164-It's Cuppa Time!

Monday night I decided to play along again with Mojo Monday for this week, and chose to use a couple more cling stamps from Lizzie Anne's November Mix, "The Key to Happiness". This set has a couple of cute teapots and the little English expression, "Time for a Cuppa". The funny thing is that I wanted to go with a cute, kitschy kitchen look, so I chose this darling paper from October Afternoon. It reminds me of my grandmother's kitchen, except hers was aqua and light yellow. Anyway, what was funny about this was that after I completed the card, I went on the Lizzie Anne site to see what the rest of the team had created with these stamps, and lo and behold (strange expression), Anya had also used this same paper with one of the teapots! Great minds think alike! So, be sure to check out the sketchbook at LAD to see what she and rest of the gals have done with this darling set. As for me...my version went something like this: Following the Mojo Monday #164 sketch, I stamped the teapot in Warm Red chalk ink on ivory cardstock and cut it out. The cute stripe is actually the coordinating back side to the other print, which I die cut with the Nesties, and scallop-matted with the aqua cardstock, and punched holes around the scallops. I also used the piercing tool around the edge of the circle to mimic stitching. These layered circles were then framed on the card with the red gingham square. The ivory card was run through the Big Shot with a Cuttlebug folder. All the elements were aged and distressed slightly with Antique Linen Distress ink. I even smudged ink on the ivory lace. The red velvet bow and the sentiment were the final additions. Now, go fix yourself a "Cuppa", and get stamping!
Pam

November Mix, "The Key to Happiness" from Lizzie Anne Designs
Warm Red ColorBox Chalk ink from Clearsnap
Antique Linen Tim Holtz Distress Ink
October Afternoon, "Thrift Shop" DP
gingham, ivory, and aqua cardstock
Nestabilities Classic Circles and Scallops, Shapabilities Labels Trio
Cuttlebug Swiss Dots
1/16" hold punch, piercing tool
velvet ribbon, ivory lace
American Crafts brad fastener
double-sided foam adhesive

4 comments:

martina's kaartjes said...

great card !
greetings, martina
x

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

This is so cute! Love the pink and aqua colours...perfectly inviting!

Scrappychick said...

This is gorgeous! Love the ribbon and paper with the teapot!

Sandy Ang said...

Such a sweet card !