Thursday, October 8, 2015

Dreamweaver Thursday: If You Can Haunt It...Flaunt It!

One of my favorite things to do is to create a mood in my designwork. I was going for "Dead men tell no tales" with this card. Everything is edgy and distressed, with a stormy feel to it, and this is how it was done...

The base of the card is Core'dinations black with a gray core, which has been run through my Big Shot machine with the Dreamweaver I Beams stencil. Using the Core'dinations sanding block, I went over the embossed areas to reveal the design, and sanded more areas and around the edges as well...particularly where I wanted to stamp the sentiment from the Perfectly Clear Tricky Words set.

I stamped the Cling Raven Skull image with Versamark ink on the card base, and embossed it with Aged Black Embossing Enamel. I used a white paint marker to color in the skull, and then went to work on the focal panel.

I used the Tombow Zero Drawing technique and Mono products to cover a panel of Canson textured paper with graphite. I placed the Dreamweaver Clipper Ship over the surface, and erased the areas within the design. I also erased areas around the scalloped edge of the Picasso tool to create my cloudy sky. After this, I replaced the stencil, and using the Tombow Recycled Colored Pencils, I added color to the frigate, the waves, and a bit the guiding light of the moon through the clouds. I daubed Tuxedo Black Memento ink around the edges, and tore two sides. Once again, I stamped the Raven Skull off the edge of the focal panel, and embossed with Aged Black, and colored the skull cap white, so that the parts would match up.

Using Translucent Embossing Paste, I paste-embossed the DW Rain stencil across the panel, and set it aside to dry. Once dry, more Aged Black was sprinkled and heated from underneath to add texture. The panel was then adhered to an ink-distressed and torn yellow panel, and then to the card base. Beacon Adhesives Tacky Glue was applied to add sprinkles of Marine Blue and Trick or Treat Color Fragments to bring the whole design together.


For more "happy hauntings", visit my teammates here:

Pam Hornschu (you're here)

5 comments:

Louise said...

Love, love, love this!

barbara macaskill said...

You have done the impossible! I am speechless! I think I could sit here for hours staring at this magnificent creation!! You definitely hit the nail on the head!!! I can't think of a word big enough to describe how awesome I think this card is so I am going to use this one: supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! TFS!

Stampendous said...

OHmiGOSH! Incredible work on this one, Pam. It's a great theme for your card and SO gorgeous, perfect for the haunting theme this week!

Gloria said...

Great card! Thanks for sharing.

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Pam...this is just fabulously stunning! I'm always amazed at your creativity...ALWAYS.