Monday, October 19, 2015

31 Days of Halloween: Brewing Up Some Spookiness with Stampendous and Dreamweaver-Day19



Today I'm posting my favorite project that I've created for the Smeared Ink Blog's 31 Days of Halloween. This t-shirt was so much fun to make! Here's what I used...

Dreamweaver Stencils' Spider Web, Bats, Large Flourish, and Vintage Decor stencils; Stampendous Perfectly Clear Tricky Words stamp set; Dreamweaver Color Solutions Alcohol Inks (Pumpkin, Paprika, Winter Red); Onyx VersaFine ink by Tsukineko; Dreamweaver Memories Mists Copper Shimmer; Fingertip and Large Sponge Daubers from Imagination Crafts; Stampendous Spray Bottles (2); bleach; Small Acrylic Handle; Creative Versa-tool from Walnut Hollow; Jet Black and Red 3mm and 6mm Hot Fix Crystals; muslin fabric; fusible interfacing; craft mat; Gem-Tac by Beacon Adhesives; dark t-shirt.

Here's the steps...

Lay out clean dark colored t-shirt with cardboard tucked inside to protect. Work with plenty of ventilation. Use gloves to prevent staining of hands. (Do as I say, not as I do.)


Repeat with all of the stencils on front and back as desired. Spray more bleach to blend areas. Let dry. Wash in cold water and hang to dry. Meanwhile...


Smooth out flat, and then...


Iron patch to set ink, and to adhere fusible interfacing to back of patch. Place patch on protected heat-proof, non-stick surface. Then, carefully...


Repeat to add crystals as bat's eyes and embellishments on t-shirt. Place heat tool on holder while not in use. Keep away from children. Be sure to unplug and place in a safe location while cooling down. In other words...read and follow the instructions on the packages!

The end result close up after adhering patch to shirt with Gem Tac. If desired, feel free to add stitching around the edge of the patch.


Ta Dah! (I hate pics of myself, but I love the shirt!)

If you've missed any of the 31 days of Halloween posts from the Stampendous team, head on back to the Stampendous Blog!

13 comments:

Viki Banaszak said...

This is so cute! I want to make one now! I love the colors that you used. You look great in this picture!

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

Ooooo aaaaah what a faboolous t-shirt! Love it!

barbara macaskill said...

I totally agree!! LOVELOVELOVE this shirt!! I am awaiting the spider web stencil but will be doing this once it arrives!! TFS!

Carol said...

AWESOME - love your special T-shirt - WOW xx

Shari said...

That is one awesome shirt, lady!! ^_^ So stinkin' cute. I love it.

Squiddy said...

That's a great T-shirt & patch

Mary Holshouser said...

the bat's eyes really shine.
Great shirt.
Wear it with pride.
thanks for sharing.
Illinois

Susan Renshaw said...

Great t-shirt - would be great to wear!!

Unknown said...

Fabulous T-shirt and it looks fabulous on you! Great project.

Lyneen said...

AWESOME T! I can see why this is a favorite project... I love it.... it is a stunning t-shirt so much detail WOW... I would wear it for sure!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

DonnaMundinger said...

WOW! What an amazing tee shirt! You look fab in it and thanks so much for the step by step. I soo want to try this. You should sell these. xxD

Louise said...

Great project Pam!!! Love how it turned out!

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

I am soooo impressed with your t-shirt creation....Pammie! Wooohooo! That is impressive stencilwork! How long did it take to make?