Thursday, May 23, 2013

Dreamweaver Stencils: The Steampunk Clock is Ticking Towards Father's Day!





It's almost time for Father's Day, and if you're looking for a quick and fun project to show the dads in your life just how talented you are, how about trying something like this?



Once again, I used the Sizzix ScoreBoards Die Box with Scallops, and though it has a more feminine style with the scallops, I think that I succeeded in making this more masculine (or even appealing to the Steampunk crowd! I machine embossed the top flap with the Dreamweaver Steampunk Clock, and the main portion of the box with the Houndstooth pattern. Then I went a bit crazy distressing with ink...Tuxedo Black and Rich Cocoa Memento. For more dimension, I embossed a piece of the Mercart colored aluminum with the clock, sanded off the colored a  bit, and used some Black StazOn reinker over the surface. I spritzed a small amount of rubbing alcohol (isopropyl) on a soft cloth and rubbed away some of the black ink, leaving the clock looking distressed. With layers of Tim Holtz Gears and chipboard gears, and brad fasteners, and a snippet of May Arts Cotton twill tape (also distressed), I had the look that I was going for. I added a matching gift card pocket to tuck inside with a gift of a cup of Joe (or two). 

This was my creation for the Tiny Treats challenge at the Dream It Up! blog. How about playing along with us? Link your own creation to the linkytool on the Dream It Up! blog, or email pics to lynell@dreamweaverstencils, for a random chance at winning your favorite stencil design! Until then, check out what our "B" team has been up to this week, and leave them some love. Oh, and me, too!



4 comments:

Louise said...

This is such a cool project! I saw it in person this week at the certification workshop and can tell everyone it is awesome!

Cherylynn said...

Great use of techniques and stencils! Perfect for Dads and teens! Love it.

Caroline D. said...

This is so cool and very gorgeous!! You are so clever coming up with so many unique ways to capture the May theme!

jasann said...

This is so great! I have a lot of males in y family and always looking for male cards, thanks again for sharing!!!!