Sunday, May 19, 2013

Woodware UK: The Earth Laughs in Flowers!


Our Woodware UK team guru, Dorothy Adam, sometimes has just a little too much fun coming up with our weekly challenges. On the face of it, "Earth" doesn't seem like it should be a problem, but I was a bit confused as to her original intention. Considering Dorothy's quirky sense of humor, it was entirely possible that she could been begging for aliens landing on earth, so I thought that I'd better ask first. Her reply? Earth colors! Yep. Just that simple. Of course, she's pretty exhausted as she and three others of the Woodware UK group  completed the "Moonwalk", of over 26 miles all through the night in "support" of breast cancer warriors, survivors, and researchers. How awe-inspiring!

Back to earth...I thought that I'd post this card that I created a couple of years ago for the Stampendous catalog. Ralph Waldo Emerson once remarked that "The earth laughs in flowers", and I think that is fitting for this challenge...and it's in earth colors!

The focal stamp is from the Perfectly Clear Daisy Thanks set, which includes the daisies, the swirl image, the butterfly, and the "thanks a bunch" sentiment that I repeated across the bottom using colors from the Stampendous Coastal Express Embossing Powder Kit. I used markers for all of my color and shading on the flowers, added some ink-distressing around all of the edges, and then for a bit of glitz and glam...I covered the focal panel with Versamark ink, and embossed the entire panel with Stampendous Crystal Embossing Powder. You can still see clearly all the gorgeous color and detail of the design, with the addition of clear shine and transparent sparkle. Yum!


Remember that the entire Woodware UK team are posting with their "earthy" creations this week, so check back daily for more inspiration!

2 comments:

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Beautiful Earth colours Pam, and such a lovely card. Your post made me chuckle :)

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty!