Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Woodware UK Sketch 23: Hogging the Bed!


It's sketch time again with the Woodware UK team, and we're at number 23 for the month of May! Remember to play along and link your creation on the Woodware blog, or email pics to Dorothy@woodware.co.uk. for an opportunity to win the prize for May!

The sketch design to the left was our jumping off point, so I grabbed an image that suited the squares, along with the perfect papers to go with.

I love paper-piecing (in case you didn't already know that), and the g•c•d studios "Cloisonne" is a pad that I continually go to, especially if I'm in "pink-mode". I stamped Francoise's "Hog Rest" Clear Magic image with black ink on one plain panel, and several scraps from the paper pad. Those were cut out and adhered on top of the plain panel. I added some shading detail with Tombow markers before cutting it out to pop up over the top of the other layers. The reason that I cut her out, was to show off the pretty square design paper that otherwise would have been covered up by the panel.

Just for fun, I added a Self Adhesive Cream Lace strip for a "dust ruffle", a button nose, and a Woodware Fancy Twine bow for her tail! After all, she may be snoozing, but she's fashionable!


4 comments:

Jamie Martin said...

OMGosh this is adorable!!! Love everything about it :)

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Wow...this is darling! So many details too...

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Wow...this is darling! So many details too...

Unknown said...

This is so great looking! I love how you coordinated the the sheets, comforter and papers. What a neat card.