Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Muchas Smooches!


 The card for this post is based on the Monday Sketch Challenge designed by Joslyn Nielsen of the Lizzie Anne Designs team. What I love about her creations, is that she's never afraid to leave white/blank space on her cards. They always have a deceptively CAS look to them. I tried to do the same with my card, but as usual, it just didn't happen. I always feel like I need more...more color, more texture, more stuff. Maybe that needs to be one of my New Year's resolutions...to leave some blank space. On my cards, on my pages, in my home, and in my life. Hmmm. It's worth a try!
For this card, I tried to just stamp one heart on the white panel. Then I added a black heart, but that was like a gaping hole. So, I cut out a print heart center and adhered it on the fold for dimension. Still seemed like too much white space, so I cut another print heart in half and adhered each half on the sides. I intended to just stamp the sentiment three times across the card, but since they didn't stamp straight, I created little tiles of the sentiment and deliberately made them crooked. At this point, I determined that the three images with the three sentiments was too even, so the bow and button were added...probably the only part of my card that is like Joslyn's. Oh, well, I tried...sort of. Be sure to check out Joslyn's version on her blog, as well as the rest of the team as listed at right. Create your own and post it to the Lizzie Anne Designs Facebook page!

Winter 2011 Mix, "Lucky in Love" from Lizzie Anne Designs
Onyx and Satin Red Versafine ink from Tsukineko
black, white cardstock
dot print
ribbon, button, twine

8 comments:

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

This card is absolutely darling...clever cutting out those hearts...really makes the card pop.LOL!

Wendy said...

I love this Pam!!!! So cute and FUN!!!

Scrappychick said...

Love all the hearts! I can't leave white space either!! Hope you have a safe trip down the mountain!

joslyn said...

i really love it. i like the we all have our own variation of the sketch. it just gives us a starting point. you made it work nicely. BTW i LOVE red black and white cards. so CUTE.

Kristi said...

VEry very cute! Love the hearts!

Unknown said...

I love how the hearts open up...very cute valentines day card

Mindy said...

I love the hearts and the polka dots! I can't get to Joselyn's?

Jamie Martin said...

Oh soooooo pretty, love the 3-d effect!

Hugs :)