Saturday, January 1, 2011

"It's a New Year, It's a New Day, It's a New..." LAD Singles Release!



 Happy New Year! Happy Lizzie Anne Designs Singles Release Day. Hard to believe we are now in 2011. Why is it the older you get, the faster time seems to go by? Time is kind of my theme for today's post. Lizzie Anne Designs just released two new Singles stamps, "Love You a Latte" and "Wise Man's Treasure". Obviously, the second is the stamp that I am featuring. I love the old-fashioned clock/watch style of it, and somehow it made me think of a man's pocket watch, so that's what I created with it. For the vest, I used this Graphic 45 paper that I love (and just ran out of!). The pocket slits are actually strips from the Nestabilities "Wonky Squares". I
attached a chain from an estate sale grab bag to the stamped, cut out, and distressed image with brad fasteners, and tucked it into the "pocket". The edges of the "vest", as well as the rest of the card were distressed with ink as well, and I used a piercing tool to create stitch lines around various parts of the card. I would have actually stitched them except I put my sewing machine away before the holidays when we had guests, and just haven't pulled it back out again. I doubt this snappy dresser would have used twine knots to attach his buttons, but they add character! The sentiment at the bottom is from the Winter 2011 Mix, "Lucky in Love". Don't forget to hop around to the rest of the Team's blogs. Be prepared to be inspired by all of these super-talented ladies. Then hop on over to the Lizzie Anne Designs web site to purchase your own Singles, and of course, anything else that catches your eye! On a more somber note, I guess the main reason for my theme on time, is that my MIL is in the process of losing her battle with lung cancer, and it has become extremely obvious to me how precious time is. Grab it with both hands and spend it lavishly on those you love.


"Wise Man's Treasure" Single from Lizzie Anne Designs
"You've Got Style" from Winter 2011 Mix "Lucky in Love" from Lizzie Anne Designs
Rich Cocoa Memento ink from Tsukineko
Bazzill cardstock
Graphic 45 "Proper Gentlemen"
Creative Impressions brad fasteners
Nestabilities Wonky Squares and Labels Four
buttons, twine, chain

5 comments:

wendyp said...

oh my goodness! Pam, my jaw dropped when I saw that card! The way you created the mens shirt front with the pocket for the watch...AMAZING!

Kristi said...

May I echo Wendy....WOW

you are so talented and did a great job with this card!

Rose Ann said...

This is totally clever and amazing, Pam!! I LOVE the chain idea, and your whole design is off the charts COOL!!

Deborah March said...

WOW!! Utterly FABULOUS card!!!

Kendra said...

Totally BRILLIANT card Pam! Seriously Fabulous!