Thursday, January 13, 2011

Dream Schemes Sketch #2-A Celtic Valentine


This week's Dream Schemes is our second sketch challenge. I went with a Celtic Valentine theme. The focal point Celtic Heart Knot was paste-embossed in glossy white on a Nestie die cut circle and framed with a second Nestie Lacey circle. On the main body of the card, the Love 2 stencil was embossed in part red and part black glossy pastes on designer print paper. Paisley ribbon and black rhinestones finish off the design. I apologize for the short post. I know those of you regulars are used to me rambling on and on. Life is just getting away from me right now. Been staying at my MIL to care for her, and crafting in my free time. Access to a computer has been sketchy, so on this one day that I ran home (a two hour drive), I decided to complete this project, photograph it, and pre-post for the blog. CHA is only a couple of weeks away, and I'm still hoping that I will be able to go and check out all the latest. For those of you that will be there, and for those of you who want to drool over the latest and greatest, be sure to stay connected to the Dreamweaver blog, site, and the team's blogs. You will be thrilled and amazed at the wonderful
new designs soon to be released. Meanwhile, check out the creativity for this week at our team blogs, leave comments, and post your own creations. We want to see your version of this week's challenge. Have a very creative day!

LM178 Celtic Heart Knot from Dreamweaver Stencils
LL481 Love 2 from Dreamweaver Stencils
DGKP Glossy Black, DGRP Glossy Red, and DGWP Glossy White Embossing Paste
red linen, white cardstock
dot print, swirl print
Nestabilities Classic Scalloped Circles, Lacey Circles
paisley ribbon, black rhinestones

10 comments:

Louise said...

So pretty Pam! I really like how you used the knot.

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Wow Pam! I think this is such an interestingly done card. The way you have pasted the LOVE in two colors of embossing paste is quite unique. And the black crystals on the white pasted heart...is the finishing touch that makes this card pop!

Wendy said...

This is fantastic!! I love the celtic knot. Super job!! I am also admiring your cool watermark. I want one.

Scrappychick said...

Totally cool!
Cyndi

martina's kaartjes said...

Wow, very pretty and elegant !
greetings, martina
x

Kristi said...

like the sideway sketch! Very Pretty!

Laura Drahozal said...

Love the Celtic Knot heart-and what you did with it--good job.

Deborah March said...

SO creative Pam, LOVE your Celtic knot!!

georgia Sommers said...

Pam I love everything about this card, the stencil, the colors your are so talented.

Terrece said...

WOW! I have trouble with patterned paper on cards. Love all the elements. It all works beautifully! Hope you don't mind, but I need to stamp-lift this one!