Friday, August 21, 2015

Dreamweaver Double Days Finale!

For my post today, I thought I'd give you a double-dose of the Corner Flowers stencil done with two techniques...

This first card uses the Letter Press technique. The stencil was sprayed with Memories Mist Diet Cola. The white cardstock panel had been previously misted with Mango Lemonade and Pink Lemonade, and now was placed facedown on top of the sprayed stencil. The rubber embossing mat and two clear plates were placed on top before running all through my Big Shot Pro (any embossing machine will do). The dark ink transfers, and impresses into the panel, with only the color showing through the flower design. I used Card Candi in polka dots as the embellishment for a bit of whimsy.


For this card, I ran a panel of Core'dinations Black Magic with a pink core through my embossing machine, but this time the panel was placed upside down over the stencil so that the portion that was embossed was the negative portion of the design. When sanded, the flowers remain black, but the background shows a distressed and textured version of the negative space. A few crystals, a sentiment tag, and a sheer dotted ribbon from May Arts, and you have a simply spectacular card!
Check out the posts for the rest of the team today, to double your fun!

Pam Hornschu (you're here)

4 comments:

Viki Banaszak said...

These are gorgeous! I love the first ones mix of colors.

Janelle Stollfus said...

The letterpress is very impressive and I bet it's pretty easy to do. Both of your cards are fantastic!

barbara macaskill said...

These are both gorgeous!! LOVE the Core'dinations card!! Must give both of these techniques a try! Thanks for the inspiration!

Lyn Bernatovich said...

Love both cards. I never think to sand the negative side. Great tip Pam!