Thursday, August 6, 2015

Dreaming of Fall

I created this table runner for the fall season almost a year ago, and I thought I'd share the process. I purchase this rough linen runner on clearance at Home Goods for $7, and its texture and plainness were begging to  be stenciled on. Here's the steps:


1. Tape the Large Oak Leaves stencil to the surface using removable tape.
2. Using acrylic paints with a dry stencil brush, pounce the paint into the surface through the stencil, changing brushes with changes of colors.
3. Repeat design randomly over runner, and set aside to dry. Clean stencil and brushes immediately with warm water and a soft scrub brush. Let dry.

Create a wonderful table-scape by adding more fall themed items. Consider creating place cards, matching napkins, and invites using the same process!

We hope we have you dreaming of crisp, cool days ahead as you follow the links to the rest of the teams posts:










4 comments:

Stampendous said...

That is a great looking table! Fantastic idea to create your own seasonal table runner. Thank you for sharing!

Lyn Bernatovich said...

This runner is wonderful Pam! I like how you used acrylic paints. Need to give this a try.

Viki Banaszak said...

This is gorgeous! I know a friend of mine who loves linen who would go gaga over this.

Louise said...

Love this Pam! I might have to steal this idea!