Monday, March 2, 2015

Stampendous: Happy Houses

The Stampendous team is featuring our fun Perfectly Clear Family Home set, which are the perfect set to create simple notecards, or a fun mixed media piece as I've done here.

My base was a torn page from an old atlas, which I lightly brushed with a coat of gesso. This is a great way to prevent curling and warping, and yet you can still see bits of the atlas underneath. I dry-brushed a bit of acrylic tube paints in cyan and pthalo green, and once dry, I stamped a whole "community" of happy houses. Using a finger dauber from Imagine Crafts, I swiftly swiped some Tsukineko Radiant Neon inks over the houses. I used Onyx Versafine to stamp bits from the Perfectly Clear Happy Words set, as I really believe that what makes a house a home, are the people you love inside. I stamped a few borders from the Nathalie Kalbach Studio Marks Cling Set like little roads running through the town. Finally, I stamped a few more designs over the background with VersaMark ink and embossed them with sprinklings of Shabby Pink and Blue, and Spoonful of Rust Fran•tagĂ© Elements. By the way, a fine black liner pen (Faber-Castell Pitt) is perfect to add doodles and frames around points of interest on your page.

Be sure to visit our amazing artists as they post this week. You can find their links on the Stampendous blog. Today's links can be found HERE.

9 comments:

barbara macaskill said...

LOVE the bright colors and images!!! TFS!

Snoopy said...

WOW! What a fabulous creation. I just love the bright colors. It makes it feel so warm and welcoming and that's what a Home should be.

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

Janelle Stollfus said...

This is so cool! Love all the pen work around the words, it's the details I appreciate the most in your pieces!

Stampendous said...

Fabulous and Fun Home is surely the title of this piece. It's look like a family tree of houses! Thank you for showcasing Stampendous Family Home this week!

Viki Banaszak said...

I love the beautiful bright colors. Cute

Michelle said...

Love it! Just how I want my home to be!

Carol w said...

Love this Stamp set and what you have done with it!

Carol w said...

Thanks for sharing your cute card, love the stamp set.

Mary Holshouser said...

fun project. Bright colors and happy
thanks for sharing