Thursday, June 26, 2014

Dreamweaver Stencils: I've Got the Wedding Card Blues

For my final post of the Dream Team challenge, "Old, New, Borrowed, Blue", I thought I'd go with the more obvious and create a wedding card...with blue.

I chose a simple french blue cardstock and paste-embossed in Glossy White the Large Lace Border. While I still had the paste out, I also paste-embossed the newer, Your Wedding sentiment on acetate, and covered it in Wedgewood Blue Metallic F/X powder. When dry, I used a "Swiffer" dusting cloth to wipe away the excess mica powder from the surface of the acetate. I adhered the bottom portion of the acetate panel to the Dotted Swiss card front, and layered the paste-embossed blue panel over the top...thus holding the acetate in place without having to see any adhesive through the clear panel. A border of crochet lace from May Arts was the only embellishment for this beautifully simple card.

Here's your opportunity to see what the "B" team has created for this final week:




5 comments:

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Hey! Beautiful creation Pam! Also sorry I missed your B-day two days ago...HAPPY BIRTHDAY a day late! Hope you're having a blast.

Louise said...

Beautiful and elegant Pam! Love the look of the Wedgewood FX completely over the paste, good idea!

Viki Banaszak said...

I love the lace on that. It really ties everything together.

sommrstamping said...

Pam I love this card simple and elegant , so beautiful hope you had a fun birthday.

Cindy Groh said...

That large lace border is beautiful. I came here to look for ideas on which die I should get. There are so many awesome choices.