Thursday, June 19, 2014

Dreamweaver Stencils: Feeling Old and Blue...in a Good Way!

Wasn't last week's collaboration hop with Imagine Crafts a blast? If you are wondering if you were one of our winners, check the Dream It Up! Tuesday post this week.

This week, the Dream Team is back to playing with our June challenge, "Old, New, Borrowed, Blue"...not necessarily wedding, but creations incorporating one or all of these concepts. My card
today is a bit of the old and a bit of the blue.

Featuring the Dreamweaver Floral with Dots stencil, I ink-stenciled the design in blue and green on kraft cardstock using the Tsukineko Splendor Circus ink pad. As the ink is pigment, I was able to pour Ultra Thick Embossing Powder (UTEE) over the surface and heat in layers, adding clear ink in between each layer until thick enough to make me happy. When cool, I bent the panel to crack the embossed areas. Here's where the "old" comes in.

I placed my cleaned stencil back over the surface of the design, and daubed Black StazOn ink over the surface, pushing the ink into the cracks. Then I took a paper towel and wiped away the excess ink from the surface before removing the stencil. The panel was ink-distressed around the edges and layered over a gorgeous iridescent ribbon from May Arts and a green panel with a crisp white base card.

How would you play with this concept? Show us by linking your creation to the Inlinkz tool on the Dream It Up! blog. Meanwhile, take a peek at what the "A" team has to show this week:






8 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is amazing! You achieved such dimension with the UTEE...I MUST try this. It's stunning!

Lea said...

I love this card! The blue and green tones are gorgeous and are perfect with that ribbon! I love the dimension from the UTEE and the distressed look you gave it with the StazOn. Love it!

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

I love the black staz-on worked into the cracks. I am going to make a point of trying this type of crackle technique. VERY cool Pam!

Louise said...

So beautiful Pam! I love how the colors look on the craft cardstock, and the ribbon is gorgeous!

sommrstamping said...

Love the card Pam. it looks so great that I cased it myself. Thanks so much for all your inspiration.

Unknown said...

A brilliant card. Love the way you have used the UTEE. I need to try this!

CraftyJo said...

Stunning technique, thanks so much for explaining it all so thoroughly too :)

Benwah said...

Love the card. The colours are lovely.