Monday, December 20, 2010

Party with the Polka Penguins

I thought I was through with posting Christmas cards for this year, but I came across this one that I created for the Stampendous holiday catalog '09. It is one of my favorites, mainly because I love penguins, and I love the color scheme for this card. I took one white cardstock panel and stamped the Polka Penguins image, the sentiment, and the snowflakes. I watercolored all, and then cut the panel into three sections. Each were matted in black cardstock, adhered over this smoky blue MME paper, on a red card, and embellished with rick rack, ribbon, turn mounts, and red brad fasteners. A little glitter to highlight the frosty feel finished it off. Happy holiday stamping! Be sure to come back on Thursday for the Dreamweaver Stencil's Thursday Dream Schemes!
Pam

"Polka Penguins" from Stampendous (M172)
"Mini Flake" from Stampendous (AA014)
"Ours to Yours" from Stampendous (L190)
Onyx Versafine ink from Tsukineko
Multi Ultra-fine Crystal Glitter from Stampendous (GM220U)
Bazzill Maraschino cardstock
black, white cardstock
print paper (MME)
turn mounts, brad fasteners (Creative Impressions)
rick rack, ribbon
watercolors
corner rounder

No comments: