Monday, December 27, 2010

Call Me...Resistable!


 Feeling a touch of the "after-Christmas-blues" tonight as I post this blog for Monday. My hubby left this morning to go back to work. My two sons left this evening to go back home. Now it's just me and my kitties. I needed a little cheering up, so I'm posting this bright and sweet card featuring new release stamps from Lizzie Anne Designs. This rose and sentiment are from the Winter 2011 mix release, "Lucky in Love". The rose was done with a resist technique. I stamped and embossed it in white on white cardstock. I used the ColorBox Chalk ink pad in Rouge direct-to-paper over the embossed image. Then I wiped the ink away from the embossed surface to show off this gorgeous rose image. I inked a piece of screening with the rouge ink and carefully placed the rose panel over the surface to achieve the
textured appearance. The Bazzill Bling card has rounded corners, and a panel of this pretty pink and green plaid paper from Paper Adventures at the bottom. The sentiment was stamped in green on a Nestie die cut white panel. The rose was off-stamped before stamping a soft image over the sentiment. This panel was popped up over another Nestie die cut piece, and embellished with pearl stickers. A pretty satin bow completes the card. Would make a sweet card for Valentine's day, anniversary, wedding, or everyday. Hope you had a wonderful holiday with your family, and are looking forward to a very creative new year.
Winter 2011 Mix, "Lucky in Love" from Lizzie Anne Designs
White Embossing Powder from Stampendous (EP100)
Rouge ColorBox Chalk ink from Clearsnap
Tea Leaves VersaMagic, VersaMark ink from Tsukineko
Paper Adventures print
Bazzill Bling cardstock
Mohawk white cardstock
pink satin ribbon, pink pearl stickers
Nestabilities Labels Two and Big Scalloped Ovals Large
screening
double-sided foam adhesive

1 comment:

wendyp said...

(hugs) I always hate the after holiday blues when everyone goes back to work/school.

Gorgeous card!!! Loving the texture you created with the screen. I'm going to have to rummage around DH's junk in the basement later and see what I can dig up to create with!