Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Bloomin' Window Card

I'm feeling the need today to post something pretty and feminine, so here's a fun card I did for Stampendous using the Bold Geraniums set of Perfectly Clear stamps. I created a window using a square punch for each "pane". I added "curtains" from behind with a cute print, and a "window box" with a Fiskar Border punch. I really love all the border punches out there right now. Sometimes they add just the right touch to a paper-making project. I stamped and cut out a bunch of geraniums, and adhered them to a vase that was stamped and embossed on the same print only running the other direction. If you look closely, there is a tiny green grasshopper hopping away from the pot of flowers. Reminds me of the huuuuuuge one I found in my lavender blooms this morning. Bright lime green with a yellow stripe running down from his forehead (do grasshoppers have a forehead?), which was unusual. Normally up here in the high desert, all the critters are sand colored and blend in with the rocks and sand, but this guy was hiding in my lavender instead. Probably munching on it as well, but I didn't have the heart to scare it off. I don't mind bugs outside, just don't want them inside. :)
Pam

Perfectly Clear "Bold Geraniums" set from Stampendous (SSC1073)
White Embossing Powder from Stampendous (EP100)
Frost White ColorBox ink from Clearsnap
Warm Red, Rouge, and Lime Pastel ColorBox Chalk inks from Clearsnap
Petunia Pink cardstock from Bazzill
print (unknown)
Fiskar Border punch
double-sided foam adhesive

1 comment:

Scrappychick said...

What an awesome card! Love the window panes and border :)