Thursday, December 15, 2011
The pic above was the inspiration for the birthday card the Gourmet Rubber Stamps gals were challenged to create this month. Definitely different colors than those we've been working with for the last couple of months! No holly berries and mistletoe here! The inspiration pic is like a breath of fresh air...a reminder that, yes, spring will return once again, even while we are snuggled under cozy afghans with steaming cups of cocoa in our hands. For my card, I featured the Lizzie Anne Designs' "Vintage Birthday" Cling set. I grabbed papers in the colors suggested, and one of these just happened to have a faint hot air balloon image on it, so off I went with it! I created a patchwork of the various papers and colors, stamped the balloons on one apricot panel, the birthday sentiment on another, and secondary sentiment on the creamy beige cardstock. A little pompom trim and brads in the deep blue-green shade finished if off. A different look than what I tend to go with, but I'm happy with it! Go visit the rest of the team to see what they have created in these yummy colors. Want to play along? Be sure to link your creation on the Gourmet Rubber Stamps Facebook page.
- ► 2014 (94)
- ► 2013 (127)
- ► 2012 (173)
- Time Flies...in Pink and Brown and Gold and Cream!...
- A New Recipe for the New Year
- Gearing Up for the New Year!
- Getting Romantic at the Diner's Club!
- Thankful for a Wonderful Holiday?
- It's Christmas Eve! Are You Feeling Challenged?
- A Colorway and a Big Announcement!
- Ready for Even More RED?
- Ready for More RED?
- Stencils and Shaving Cream?
- A Long Time Ago in a Hobby Lobby Far Away...
- Looking for Something?
- A YUM-Colored Birthday Challenge
- Dreamweaver Stencils' Sketch #13-Vintage Poinsetti...
- Woodware UK...Look What I Did With My Tins!
- 3D Challenge Tuesday...Stenciling Elegance for the...
- Fifty is Nifty for Laura!
- Pining for the Holidays!
- Pretty in Pink...and Cream...and Brown...
- Playing With the Woodware USA Sketch Challenge
- Playing With the Woodware UK Sketch Challenge
- A Mish Mash of Holiday Stenciling
- Santa Gets Snarky
- Woodware UK Post
- A New Stampendous Monthly Challenge!
- Holiday Tags by the Dozen
- Dream Schemes Colorway...Feeling Frosty
- ▼ December (27)
- ► 2010 (169)