Thursday, December 15, 2011

A YUM-Colored Birthday Challenge



 The pic above was the inspiration for the birthday card the Gourmet Rubber Stamps gals were challenged to create this month. Definitely different colors than those we've been working with for the last couple of months! No holly berries and mistletoe here! The inspiration pic is like a breath of fresh air...a reminder that, yes, spring will return once again, even while we are snuggled under cozy afghans with steaming cups of cocoa in our hands. For my card, I featured the Lizzie Anne Designs' "Vintage Birthday" Cling set. I grabbed papers in the colors suggested, and one of these just happened to have a faint hot air balloon image on it, so off I went with it! I created a patchwork of the various papers and colors, stamped the balloons on one apricot panel, the birthday sentiment on another, and secondary sentiment on the creamy beige cardstock. A little pompom trim and brads in the deep blue-green shade finished if off. A different look than what I tend to go with, but I'm happy with it! Go visit the rest of the team to see what they have created in these yummy colors. Want to play along? Be sure to link your creation on the Gourmet Rubber Stamps Facebook page.

4 comments:

Rose Ann said...

Fabulous card, Pam!! I love what you've done with those colors, and the pretty papers you've used!! Great pom trim as well!

Kendra said...

Very cool layout Pam! Love it!

chickadee3357 said...

Love this! It is such a funky and fun card! I keep looking at it. It is just cool!

Meridith said...

Love this card Pam! Combining those colors with the stamps is perfect!