Looking for some last minute hand-made gift ideas still? How about a fun treat jar, beautifully stenciled? As my first posting as a Paper Craft Planet Supernova, I thought I'd share a fun stenciling technique with definite WOW appeal!
The supplies needed are shown above and include: metal stencils (Dreamweaver Stencils' Swirl Tree and Antler Snowflake), Translucent Embossing Paste (Dreamweaver Stencils), palette knife/spreader, glitter (Stampendous Multi Crystal), removable tape, and a candy jar (with flat sides).
Step 1: Tape stencil onto flat surface on all four sides using removable tape.
Step 2: Spread Translucent Embossing Paste over surface of stencil with palette knife at slight angle.
Step 3: Holding palette knife at 90 degree angle, scrape off excess paste and return to container.
Step 4: Remove tape from three sides of stencil. Using fourth side as hinge, lift and remove the stencil. Clean stencil and palette knife immediately in warm, soapy water with a soft scrub brush. Dry with soft towel.
Step 5: Pour glitter over surface. Pour off excess and return to container. Set aside jar to dry for 20 minutes.
Step 6: Repeat on other three sides.
Step 7: Follow the same steps to stencil the snowflake on the lid as well.
Since you are probably now thinking, "I'd hardly call this a quick and easy project!", that would probably be the case if you were only creating one. However, if you were to follow the same instructions to create several projects at the same time (gift bags, cards, tags, ornaments, etc.), then you can complete quite a few in the same crafting session. While one is drying and waiting for the next step, you can be working on the next...sort of a round robin of creative fun!
For more creative stenciling ideas, please visit the Dream It Up! blog for Dreamweaver Stencils.
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
- ► 2015 (174)
- ► 2014 (149)
- ► 2013 (127)
- ► 2012 (173)
- Time Flies...in Pink and Brown and Gold and Cream!...
- A New Recipe for the New Year
- Gearing Up for the New Year!
- Getting Romantic at the Diner's Club!
- Thankful for a Wonderful Holiday?
- It's Christmas Eve! Are You Feeling Challenged?
- A Colorway and a Big Announcement!
- Ready for Even More RED?
- Ready for More RED?
- Stencils and Shaving Cream?
- A Long Time Ago in a Hobby Lobby Far Away...
- Looking for Something?
- A YUM-Colored Birthday Challenge
- Dreamweaver Stencils' Sketch #13-Vintage Poinsetti...
- Woodware UK...Look What I Did With My Tins!
- 3D Challenge Tuesday...Stenciling Elegance for the...
- Fifty is Nifty for Laura!
- Pining for the Holidays!
- Pretty in Pink...and Cream...and Brown...
- Playing With the Woodware USA Sketch Challenge
- Playing With the Woodware UK Sketch Challenge
- A Mish Mash of Holiday Stenciling
- Santa Gets Snarky
- Woodware UK Post
- A New Stampendous Monthly Challenge!
- Holiday Tags by the Dozen
- Dream Schemes Colorway...Feeling Frosty
- ▼ December (27)
- ► 2010 (169)