Saturday, December 17, 2011

A Long Time Ago in a Hobby Lobby Far Away...

      As usual, the holiday season is just flying by! Here we are at week three of the Stampendous December Color Challenge...creating with pink, cream, gold, and/or brown. My creation this week is a set of three ornaments that spell J-O-Y (in case you couldn't figure that out by yourself). I bought these thick chipboard base letters at Hobby Lobby in Arizona when Laura Weed (Coordinator of all things Stampendous) and I were there for a Copic "Retreat" taught by our own Jenn Dove. There was nothing "retreat" about it, other than no husbands (except Jenn's cutie-pie hubby), we worked our alcohol ink-stained hands to the bone for that slave-driver...and had a blast at the same time! Anyway...back to the subject...we stopped at HL on our way home as I'd never been to a HL before. That store is HUGE! It's like Michael's on steroids! We bought so much stuff that it's a wonder that we managed to fit it in the back of my Scion tC with the luggage and all of our Copic pens.
     For these ornaments, I coated the outside edge with Versamark ink and embossed in Aged Gold Embossing Enamel. I traced and cut out the letters from soft pink patterned papers from Echo Park, Pebbles, and MME. I stamped the Cling Merry Magical and Cling Jumbo Merry Magical (which is a jumbo version of the Snow Swirl image) with Rich Cocoa Memento ink over the paper letters. I distressed them around the edges and adhered them to their respective chipboard counterparts. Then I really had some fun! I embossed with a mix of Winter Wonderland Embossing Powder and Multi Medium Crystal Glitter at the tops and bottoms of each letter, and added some Class A' Peel Dot Sparklers in pink, of course. Then I stamped the Cling Little Angels (so cute!) in Rich Cocoa, colored with Copic Markers, added Think Pink Fun Flock to their coats and hats, and a sprinkling of the Multi Medium Crystal Glitter on their wings. I carefully cut them out (there is a reason they call that "fussy cutting"!), and adhered them to the "O" along with a few punched snowflakes. Some Hemptique cord hangers were attached on the back to decorate the tree, but could easily be left off to add these cuties to any of your holiday decor.
     Now that I've shared this long story with you, I'll let you off to go visit the rest of the team that are playing along this week:

Pam Hornschu (me!) 
Jennifer Ingle
Wendy Price

     Be sure to leave them some love as you go. It makes them so happy. Oh, and me, too! Play along with us and link your creation(s) by January 5th, on the Stampendous Impressions' blog, or any of the team blogs where you see the "Inlinkz" icon. You could have the opportunity to win the Perfectly Clear Amore Frame:


     This week I'm once again offering blog candy for a random commenter (US only. Please leave email addy). Rather than another Christmas set, I thought I'd offer this fabulous Perfectly Clear Happy Messages:


     Oh, yeah, I almost forgot...I offered blog candy last week, too! Hee hee.  Want to know who won the Jumbo Cling Snowflakes set? It was:

MIRIAM PRANTNER!
 Congratulations! I'll be contacting you by email for your address. You will have "snow" much fun with this set!

10 comments:

Suzanne C said...

I LOVE THIS! Those little angels are so adorable and love your letters! All so beautiful and a wonderful Christmas decoration.

wendyp said...

omgosh! Pam, you have me cracking up! "Slave-driver" LOL!!! Jenn, is going to kick your tushie! We have a HL supposedly opening in 2012 in jersey. Can't wait to check it out!!!

LOVE this! The colors, the snowflakes, those adorable snow cuties....its all amazing!

Jan Garber said...

I love that Hobby Lobby,too! Hopefully swinging by today to check out the holiday sales! And, I agree that Jen IS a slave-driver in her classes, altho a very sweet one!She has a Jeckyl and Hyde thing going on! HAHA! Yea, Jenn, I said it!

Melinda Gleissner said...

Gorgeous! Absolutely love it! We have several Hobby Lobby's in Columbus, all with a great supply of Stampendous products:-)Have fun today.

Kristine Reynolds said...

Wowzers!!! This is fabulous!!!

Janelle Stollfus said...

Oh, Pam! This is just Fran-licious! Love those Little Angels.

FrancineB said...

Your Joy ornaments are gorgeous! I commend you on your fussy cutting. I usually don't have the patience to do it, so I admire anyone who does. lol

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

LOL - I guess I'm learning more about Jenn in this post!! what a neat idea for ornaments and those little angels are just adorable!!

Jennie Lin Black said...

OMG... I am speechless and that is amazing for yacky ole me... love this

Anonymous said...

Love your blog and creations....thanks for the opportunity to win!!! lgaley@charter.net