Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Woodware UK...Look What I Did With My Tins!

 The challenge for this week at Woodware UK, was to create something fabulous with a tin...and I love a challenge! For my first tin, I covered the lid with a circle of the Mercart Green Aluminum which I embossed with the Petals Background stencil from Dreamweaver Stencils. Normally, you would place the metal on top of the stencil color side down, but in this case I reversed it. This way I was able to sand away the colored background and leave the design in color. The reason that I chose this particular background stencil, is because it matches so well with the Woodware Teardrop Christmas Clear Magic stamps. I stamped the ornament image on Mercart Red Aluminum twice, and embossed them in Stampendous Aged Silver Embossing Enamel. Both were cut out, one was adhered flat on the tin, the other was folded and adhered over the top for added dimension. A fluffy ribbon bow was added, along with a Nestabilities Ribbon Banner die cut with the stamped sentiment. A loop of silver tinsel cording allows this gift tin to hang on the Christmas tree as a nice surprise.
 For the second tin, I paste embossed the Petals Background stencil with Glossy Red Paste, and poured Stampendous Red Jewel glitter over the surface. While this was drying, I stamped the Teardrop tree twice on the Mercart Green Aluminum, and embossed with Stampendous Aged Gold Embossing Enamel. These, too, were cut out and layered as before. A fun plaid ribbon bow and sentiment banner completed the tin, along with a gold tinsel cord loop for hanging.
 This final picture shows the inside of the tins. They have a velvet covered insert to hold a gift card for the recipient. The candy canes are just for the photo...lol. Hope that you are being truly inspired by the team's tins this week. Haven't seen them yet? The links can be found on the Woodware UK Blog.

3 comments:

Melinda Gleissner said...

Pam, these are terrific! Oh, how I wish I had your creativity.

Francoise said...

Fabulous... Love both the tins! You are just too good!!

Laura Drahozal said...

These are just gorgeous, Pam! I love the debossing technique on the top one, and use it a lot myself! That technique with the Stampendous powder and the assembly of the ornament are just genius!