Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pretty in Pink...and Cream...and Brown...


December seems to be flying by as usual. It's already the second Saturday of the month, and the Stampendous Teams are once again posting with the latest challenge...a colorway of pink, cream, gold, and/or brown. So, I  cheated a bit...again. This card was created for the Stampendous Holiday 2011 catalog, and features this Cling Postcard Pretty image, along with the Cling Season's Post. I stamped the tag, cut it out, and layered the other images over it, before coloring the focal image with Copic markers. Since I was going for the Fran'tage look, I spritzed some coffee over it, and distressed the edges. I even shriveled the ribbon with a flash of the heat tool. The background has several of the same images, stamped in Rich Cocoa Memento ink, plus the Cling Poinsettia Silhouette in soft Angel Pink Memento, and arranged so that the tag could be placed on the card and appear to fit right in with the other images. The pink card and cream panel was also distressed with a sanding block and ink. The end result has the pink, brown, and cream...with a hint of blue and yellow in my coloring.
How about playing along with us this week with the color challenge, and link your own creation on the Stampendous Impressions blog? You can enter as many times as you like, and this is the stamp set that you'll have the opportunity (US winners only) to win...the Perfectly Clear Amore Frame:




Need a little more inspiration? Okay, you asked for it! Here's the list of players for this week:


This week several of the team members are offering blog candy. This is what I am offering...the Jumbo Cling Snowflakes set:

Just leave me a comment (AND YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS!), telling me three things you would love to create with this set of fun images! USA winners only...sorry. 


15 comments:

Wendy said...

I love this card and the colored image really jumps off the card!! Beautiful Pam!!!

Melinda Gleissner said...

Pam, this is so pretty! I love the coloring on your tag. Have a great weekend.

Janelle Stollfus said...

I love this card! The coloring on the raised tag is delightful!

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

oh Pam, this is so pretty! your coloring on the tag just makes it pop!

wendyp said...

Wow! This is gorgeous, Pam!!! Love your coloring on the image!

craftymom205 said...

Love this card. Very vintage looking.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

Joan V said...

Oh, your card is gorgeous.
I'd love to make package tags, bag toppers and gift bags with the snow flakes. Thanks for sharing.
joanvanc@gmail.com

Annette Allen said...

wow your card is amazing...I love your technique...
thanks for sharing..

Indy's Designs said...

Gorgeous!

Suzanne C said...

LOVE that you put the image on a tag on your card! Beautiful! Wonderful design and lovely card!

FrancineB said...

I know I would make several cards.

At least three layouts (one for each child on the snow we had this past year in February).

Gift bags. I like to buy the white lunch bags and have the kids decorate them for the friends' or teachers' gifts. These stamps would be perfect for the project!

Anonymous said...

Love the snowflakes, I would make gift tags, holiday cards and a scrapbook page with those beauties!
Barb
kingb52@comcast.net

Katie Gehring said...

Your vintage card is so pretty and I love the snowflake set!! I could see making cards, scrapbook layouts and home decor items. Thanks for the opportunity to win! scrappy_diva (at) yahoo (dot) com.

Jan Garber said...

This stamp set is large enough to do so many cool things!!
#1 Ornaments for the tree!
#2 Large embellies for a card!
#3 Subtle background for a layout!
Thanks for sharing your beautiful project!

Miriam Prantner said...

What a great stamp set!

I would use it to create
1) Background paper for all sorts of projects
2) Tags
3) Some gifts bags/wrap

mprantner at gmail dot com