Have you finished making all the holiday cards that you need to send this year? Yeah. Me neither. So, that's why for this week's Dreamweaver Stencils' Dream Scheme Colorway Challenge to use turquoise and silver, my thoughts immediately went to snowflakes and finishing some more cards. Since I wanted to do multiples, I kept it pretty simple. The first and third cards in the photo above, were paste-embossed in silver with the Antler Snowflake stencil. On the first one, the sentiment was also paste-embossed. This one was kept CAS...only a few rhinestone embellishments were added. The third card was run through my hot laminator with the Stampee Turquoise Foil over it for the shiny snowflake. I used the leftover carrier from this foiled piece to cover a piece of silver cardstock for the negative image of the snowflake to be foiled. This square was covered in Versamark ink and embossed with Stampee Stuck on You Bonding Powder before running through the laminator. This panel was layered with glitter cardstock and mounted on a glitter card. All the cards were from the DCWV Winter Box of
Merry Winter sentiment embossed on silver cardstock, and the rhinestone embellishments as well as the first. See what the other girls have done this week in turquoise and silver, as well as the Dream It Up! blog. By the time you are done, you should be all fired up to finish (or start) your Christmas cards! Link one or more up to the Dream It Up! blog for all of us to see.
Thursday, December 1, 2011
- ► 2012 (173)
- Time Flies...in Pink and Brown and Gold and Cream!...
- A New Recipe for the New Year
- Gearing Up for the New Year!
- Getting Romantic at the Diner's Club!
- Thankful for a Wonderful Holiday?
- It's Christmas Eve! Are You Feeling Challenged?
- A Colorway and a Big Announcement!
- Ready for Even More RED?
- Ready for More RED?
- Stencils and Shaving Cream?
- A Long Time Ago in a Hobby Lobby Far Away...
- Looking for Something?
- A YUM-Colored Birthday Challenge
- Dreamweaver Stencils' Sketch #13-Vintage Poinsetti...
- Woodware UK...Look What I Did With My Tins!
- 3D Challenge Tuesday...Stenciling Elegance for the...
- Fifty is Nifty for Laura!
- Pining for the Holidays!
- Pretty in Pink...and Cream...and Brown...
- Playing With the Woodware USA Sketch Challenge
- Playing With the Woodware UK Sketch Challenge
- A Mish Mash of Holiday Stenciling
- Santa Gets Snarky
- Woodware UK Post
- A New Stampendous Monthly Challenge!
- Holiday Tags by the Dozen
- Dream Schemes Colorway...Feeling Frosty
- ▼ December (27)
- ► 2010 (169)