Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Santa Gets Snarky


 I love the idea that even that "jolly old elf", Santa himself, can get a little cranky during the holidays. Murray's Law (from Gourmet Rubber Stamps) is full of humorous images, several with Santa in snarky mode. Since the "Santa Pony" image is obviously the focal point of this card, I kept it simple...I colored the image with Copic markers, added some highlights with Copic White, matted the image and adhered it to a Bazzill Maraschino card. I ran a strip of Bazzill Parakeet through my Big Shot Pro with Dreamweaver Stencils Christmas Lights, and finished it off with a ribbon tie. Oh, yeah, and of course I added a pompom on his hat!

3 comments:

Laura Weed said...

Gotta have a pom pom! Very cute, Pam!

Wendy said...

That is tooo darling Pam. I should get that set and make some cards for my son. He always gives me crap about drinking martini's and trying to teach him to make them for me when he was younger (that really didnt' happen).

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

Too cute - love the pom pom too and his so very smug look!