Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Ready for More RED?

Happy Christmas to all of you! Haven't seen enough red yet this holiday season? Well, today's post should take care of that! The Woodware UK team's challenge this week was to create with the "Richness of Red". My version has a background of dotted swiss Bazzill cardstock in red, with a panel of Paper Pizazz plaid (in red), and the focal point features the Dreamweaver Stencils' "Oval Ornament". I embossed the outline on the Mercart Red aluminum using my embossing machine. Then I cut out the ornament and ran it through the embossing machine again...this time with the Dreamweaver Stencils' Southwest stencil. Because I placed the metal on the stencil color side up, I was able, afterwards, to sand away the color from the design rather than the background. I placed a portion of the Stampendous Jumbo Poinsettia sticker over the ornament, along with the bling of a few rhinestones, added a bow, and the Stampendous Christmas Greetings in Mirror Red. Seen enough red yet? Then hop around to the rest of the team's inspiring blog posts for more of the "Richness of Red"!

1 comment:

Francoise said...

Love both the red cards but especially the 3D bauble!
great ideas Pam as usual.