Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Colorway and a Big Announcement!

       Okay. I promise. This is my last Christmas card post for the year. I can't help it! I love Dreamweaver Stencils' holiday designs. This Pine Cones stencil is one of my faves, and I hadn't had a chance to make a card with it this year...so this week's colorway challenge was my final opportunity! Burgundy and gold is such an elegant combination for holiday cards. I kept it simple by inking the Pine Cones stencil with Gold ColorBox pigment ink and running my Core'dinations cardstock panel through my Big Shot to transfer the gold ink to the panel and emboss the image at the same time. I covered the transferred ink with Stampendous Pirate Gold embossing powder. I love how this turned out...the embossed pine cones against the textured gold shine...really pretty. The panel was layered over another panel wrapped with gold cord, and adhered to a metallic gold card. I added a Class A' Peel Star Greeting sentiment for the final touch.
     You are welcome to play along with all of us on the team this week, and link your creation to the Dream It Up! blog. You don't have to do a holiday card, just something in burgundy in gold. Need more inspiration? Check out the rest of the team blogs as listed at right.
     Dreamweaver Stencils has an exciting announcement this week...we have invited three super talented ladies to join the team in January...Jessie Hurley from Canada, Cherylynn Moser from Oregon, and Cyndi Bundy from North Carolina. Be sure to give them a warm welcome! There will be a few changes made to the way we do our challenges on the blog, which should make it more inviting to our followers. We really want you to play along with us, so we're making it a little simpler for you to do just that! Stay tuned for more details on January 5th...our first posting with the new team members. If you haven't joined our fans on the Dreamweaver Stencils' Facebook page, go to the link and do so now. We will be offering a great stencil design as a prize to one lucky commenter on our exciting announcement on the Facebook page.


6 comments:

Kristi said...

very pretty Pam. love the color and sorry mine is not burgundy and gold!

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Pam this is absolutely striking! I am going to do some of these right away...or maybe on Christmas day when I have some down time...hehehe!

sommrstamping said...

I love this card Pam I really have to try this technique . I might actually get to do that after Christmas. I have a few days off. WooHoo. This card is really gorgeous.

Liz Martin said...

The paper's texture and bits of burgundy color really stand out after inking and heat embossing. Beautiful and elegant! Happy holidays.

Anonymous said...

Too cool, I love that letterpress/embossing technique. A stunning card.

Louise said...

oooo...aaahhh! I love this! I almost used the pine cone stencil, but ran out of time, but I'm definately going to CASE this!