Okay. I promise. This is my last Christmas card post for the year. I can't help it! I love Dreamweaver Stencils' holiday designs. This Pine Cones stencil is one of my faves, and I hadn't had a chance to make a card with it this year...so this week's colorway challenge was my final opportunity! Burgundy and gold is such an elegant combination for holiday cards. I kept it simple by inking the Pine Cones stencil with Gold ColorBox pigment ink and running my Core'dinations cardstock panel through my Big Shot to transfer the gold ink to the panel and emboss the image at the same time. I covered the transferred ink with Stampendous Pirate Gold embossing powder. I love how this turned out...the embossed pine cones against the textured gold shine...really pretty. The panel was layered over another panel wrapped with gold cord, and adhered to a metallic gold card. I added a Class A' Peel Star Greeting sentiment for the final touch.
You are welcome to play along with all of us on the team this week, and link your creation to the Dream It Up! blog. You don't have to do a holiday card, just something in burgundy in gold. Need more inspiration? Check out the rest of the team blogs as listed at right.
Dreamweaver Stencils has an exciting announcement this week...we have invited three super talented ladies to join the team in January...Jessie Hurley from Canada, Cherylynn Moser from Oregon, and Cyndi Bundy from North Carolina. Be sure to give them a warm welcome! There will be a few changes made to the way we do our challenges on the blog, which should make it more inviting to our followers. We really want you to play along with us, so we're making it a little simpler for you to do just that! Stay tuned for more details on January 5th...our first posting with the new team members. If you haven't joined our fans on the Dreamweaver Stencils' Facebook page, go to the link and do so now. We will be offering a great stencil design as a prize to one lucky commenter on our exciting announcement on the Facebook page.
Thursday, December 22, 2011
- ► 2012 (173)
- Time Flies...in Pink and Brown and Gold and Cream!...
- A New Recipe for the New Year
- Gearing Up for the New Year!
- Getting Romantic at the Diner's Club!
- Thankful for a Wonderful Holiday?
- It's Christmas Eve! Are You Feeling Challenged?
- A Colorway and a Big Announcement!
- Ready for Even More RED?
- Ready for More RED?
- Stencils and Shaving Cream?
- A Long Time Ago in a Hobby Lobby Far Away...
- Looking for Something?
- A YUM-Colored Birthday Challenge
- Dreamweaver Stencils' Sketch #13-Vintage Poinsetti...
- Woodware UK...Look What I Did With My Tins!
- 3D Challenge Tuesday...Stenciling Elegance for the...
- Fifty is Nifty for Laura!
- Pining for the Holidays!
- Pretty in Pink...and Cream...and Brown...
- Playing With the Woodware USA Sketch Challenge
- Playing With the Woodware UK Sketch Challenge
- A Mish Mash of Holiday Stenciling
- Santa Gets Snarky
- Woodware UK Post
- A New Stampendous Monthly Challenge!
- Holiday Tags by the Dozen
- Dream Schemes Colorway...Feeling Frosty
- ▼ December (27)
- ► 2010 (169)