Since the Dream Team has a free week once again, I thought that I would showcase and handful of similar cards. These cards were all done using Dreamweaver Stencil's new holiday releases this year. They feature the Nativity and the Isaiah scripture background in various techniques. For the first card, I stenciled the scripture background, ran it through the Big Shot with the Cathedral Window stencil for texture, and inked around the edges. This was adhered to the card. The Rejoice stencil was ink-stenciled, curled and inked before adding to the card. The focal piece is the Nativity which I first paste-embossed in black...let dry...Crackle pasted it...let dry...and stenciled antique colors of inks over the top.
The second card features the Nativity distress-foiled (crumple the foil before adhering), plus a collaged background of the Fleur de Lis embossed on metallic cardstock, the Holly Flourish and the Angel stencils inked on the background. The sentiment is the reverse portion of the Peace portion of the Comfort Words stencil foiled.
The third card features the Nativity once again, foiled once again, but a combination of gold and copper foils. The background was once again ink-stenciled and distressed around the edges. The sentiment is the foil piece that created the reverse for the second card.
These cards are a great example of how you can pull out several stencils and products to mix and match...never wasting any of the bits and pieces as you go! Check out what the rest of the team have done with their free week, as well as the Dream It Up! blog...oh, and while you're there, link your own creation!
Thursday, December 8, 2011
- ► 2016 (70)
- ► 2015 (174)
- ► 2014 (149)
- ► 2013 (127)
- ► 2012 (173)
- Time Flies...in Pink and Brown and Gold and Cream!...
- A New Recipe for the New Year
- Gearing Up for the New Year!
- Getting Romantic at the Diner's Club!
- Thankful for a Wonderful Holiday?
- It's Christmas Eve! Are You Feeling Challenged?
- A Colorway and a Big Announcement!
- Ready for Even More RED?
- Ready for More RED?
- Stencils and Shaving Cream?
- A Long Time Ago in a Hobby Lobby Far Away...
- Looking for Something?
- A YUM-Colored Birthday Challenge
- Dreamweaver Stencils' Sketch #13-Vintage Poinsetti...
- Woodware UK...Look What I Did With My Tins!
- 3D Challenge Tuesday...Stenciling Elegance for the...
- Fifty is Nifty for Laura!
- Pining for the Holidays!
- Pretty in Pink...and Cream...and Brown...
- Playing With the Woodware USA Sketch Challenge
- Playing With the Woodware UK Sketch Challenge
- A Mish Mash of Holiday Stenciling
- Santa Gets Snarky
- Woodware UK Post
- A New Stampendous Monthly Challenge!
- Holiday Tags by the Dozen
- Dream Schemes Colorway...Feeling Frosty
- ▼ December (27)
- ► 2010 (169)